Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how the voice commands work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how the voice commands work?

We have the dstyle + that came out after the led lights facelift but before the 90 diesel was canned. As a result it has the base model stereo with the optional on other lower models Bluetooth and USB prep.

Part of this is apparently voice command as in the past if a text arrives the car will ask you if you want to dictate a reply or ring the person texting. But there doesn't appear to be any way to request things (usually you press a button somewhere say something, that sort of thing). Tbf no biggy in general but today it piped up apparently responding to song lyrics and sat nav commands?!?

I scoured the owners manual when we first got the car, and it doesn't even mention this stereo could have any sort of voice activation. I kinda suspect the OH had activated google plus and it was responding to itself via the speakers but was streaming her phone but as I don't know what the system is meant to do I don't know what it's meant to be like and the capabilities it has.

Anyone know?
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

First I have heard of it. The voice features of your phone like Siri can be activated from the car but still the phone doing the work.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I hold the same opinion as Cyclone. Afaik the DS3 doesn't have this feature by default and would rely on your phone to read the message.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yeah on my phone, Android, you can press and hold the indicator stalk button and it activates 'Ok Google', but it's much easier just to shout ok google at your phone until it responds to you.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          First I have heard of it. The voice features of your phone like Siri can be activated from the car but still the phone doing the work.
          I had thought of that, the most recent one could possibly be her phones voice activation being tricked by the delay in the Bluetooth play back.

But I have been in the car when texts have been received and it definitely read them out and gave options, she's got a fairly basic Android phone without any text to voice software. Although texted it this morning and nothing happened...so if the phone was giving that option it isn't now.

So er yeah still confused.

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
            Yeah on my phone, Android, you can press and hold the indicator stalk button and it activates 'Ok Google', but it's much easier just to shout ok google at your phone until it responds to you.
            I had read that but as we don't have an ultra prestige we don't have a indicator stalk button or e-myway.

Comment

OKay, first off DS3 has never had voice activation as part of it's equipment. What is happening as what has already been suggested is that in fact your mobile is providing the voice support, whether this is via the bluetooth or the device's own microphone is unclear.

Can you provide details of the mobile in question?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                OKay, first off DS3 has never had voice activation as part of it's equipment. What is happening as what has already been suggested is that in fact your mobile is providing the voice support, whether this is via the bluetooth or the device's own microphone is unclear.

Can you provide details of the mobile in question?
                It's an HTC One mini 2.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
                  It's an HTC One mini 2.
                  Okay, that model is fitted with HTC Car which is a sort of voice command thingy.

My guess is that it fired up when the phone detected it was connected via bluetooth, other than that I can't really offer any more. Would suggest going through the phone's help guide for more info.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    Okay, that model is fitted with HTC Car which is a sort of voice command thingy.

My guess is that it fired up when the phone detected it was connected via bluetooth, other than that I can't really offer any more. Would suggest going through the phone's help guide for more info.
                    Yeah I really think it is that. HTC Car or some accessibility option
                    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Cheers guys thinking about it I had totally forgotten about car mode as generally it's never used as its incompatible with google music.

Knowing my other half she'll have managed to activate it then opened google Maps and music separately, they then proceeded to confuse each other...

Would also explain why it doesn't read texts out anymore if we stopped using car mode.

The joys of having a slightly technologically inept wife.."the car was arguing with the sat nav this morning" by the look of it two different sat nav programs and a music program where arguing with each other.

Comment

Hi Bigfoot, I also can't get the voice commands to work. The car is a Darklight and the phone is an Acer Liquid Z630 Dual Sim. Regardless of whether it is connected by bluetooth or USB, it says "Voice recognition not available" when I press the left stalk. Do you have any advice?

Comment

I haven't found much information about it, but I believe it works according to the AI system, but now I'm curious: can I turn cringe weeb copypasta into a voice command? Please explain it.

Comment

Working...
                          X