Aphrodite wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphrodite wheel corrosion

I noticed recently that there seemed to be some corrosion appearing around the centre caps on all four wheels of my 2yr old DS3 Techno. Took it straight to my supplying dealer ( Luffield Cars in Loughborough). The guy in the service department had a quick look and said " no problem, I will order a new set ". I was expecting to have to argue the case for replacement but didn't need to. So, new alloys on the way. Great service and one happy customer.

Regards Tbart.

Three of my Bellones were replaced in the three years I owned mine due to corrosion. All credit to Citroen in this respect
    sigpic

Comment

Our second set of Aphrodite's are corroding nicely round the centres..wonder if we get another 4 at this year's service. Probably not but we did get a set free.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by Tbart View Post
        I noticed recently that there seemed to be some corrosion appearing around the centre caps on all four wheels of my 2yr old DS3 Techno. Took it straight to my supplying dealer ( Luffield Cars in Loughborough). The guy in the service department had a quick look and said " no problem, I will order a new set ". I was expecting to have to argue the case for replacement but didn't need to. So, new alloys on the way. Great service and one happy customer.

Regards Tbart.

Not seen too much about Aphrodite, corrosion. But it's reassuring to hear they are replacing as they did with the Bellones

Hope to not hear of too many cases, but hope they are replaced as easily!
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

My alloys were oxidising from the centre caps and I got a new set of Belltones with 3 weeks of my Citroen warranty left.

Comment

Luffield Cars are pretty good I bought my first DS3 this year from them and nothing was to much trouble.

Comment

The Bellones on my first DS3 started to corrode and BCC Citroen Bolton swapped them no problem. The second set also corroded but when I told them they just went "oh." Have Aphrodites on my current car and they're just starting to show a few spots now at 1 year old but I haven't been to the dealership.

I think it happens when the lacquer gets damaged on the diamond cut parts and water gets underneath.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

hello everyone on here.just joined the site so new to it.i have a ds3 techno purchased last week and took it to work today to give it a good clean and look over seeing every time I viewed it and test drove it was in the rain.i see my wheels are blistering around the center caps too.seeing I got it off a seat main dealer I guess the citroen warranty still stands?

Comment

Welcome boatboy I would assume that the warranty will cover wheel corrosion, not 100% certain as it is second hand. Your best bet is to take it up with them and see if they're willing to replace under warranty, or at the very least offer a greatly reduced replacement price.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

The technician at the dealers told me that the way they put on the centre caps is the reason for the damage.
                    Whilst inserting the cap it occasionally damages the lacquer and then water gets behind it and causes the corrosion.

Regards Tbart.

Comment

Working...
                    X