Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power loss, car feels like an N/A

Hi all,

I have a 2014 THP 155 that's only done 13k now I got it with 5500k and then it pulled like a train, it now seems the be almost a blockage or like an N/A when the car is warmits sounds louder on tick over...but that I mean the exhaust note ? :/ there in no lights on the dash at all. had the engine carbon cleaned the other day seems the be a bit better but not fixed any idea's spark plugs ? .....fuel pump ? timing chain problem ? (don't sound bad) had I look in here and I find horror story's :0

any thoughts people?

How did you have the valves cleaned?
    sigpic

Comment

just with chemical, not a walnut blast :/

Comment

Originally posted by Artc419 View Post
        just with chemical, not a walnut blast :/
        They wont be clean then im afraid. Did they show you before and after pictures?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
          They wont be clean then im afraid. Did they show you before and after pictures?
          they didn't :/ do you think I need to walnut ? already :0

Comment

I had mine done at 23k and then again another 17k later, both times they were significantly shitty.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow and its around £300 ? did you have similar problems ?

Comment

Wow and its around £300 ? did you have similar problems ?
                Yip, all THP engine cars are the same.
                sigpic

Comment

Had mine done around 19kmiles
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

ok I will find out where do it near me, how much do you guy services your thp ? done 8,000miles since the last one ? I want to do it myself but still under warranty ATM. im thinking of getting it done every 10,000miles ?

Comment

I change the oil and filter every 5k, outside of that nothing special.
                      sigpic

Comment

I change the oil and filter every 5k, outside of that nothing special.
                        ok then I best change it

thanks

Comment

ok then I best change it

thanks
                          Thats up to you and several people deride me for doing so but others on here, who really do know their stuff agree its the single biggest thing you can do to safeguard your engine.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats up to you and several people deride me for doing so but others on here, who really do know their stuff agree its the single biggest thing you can do to safeguard your engine.
                            Regular oil changes will make very little difference if any to inlet coking.

However the THP in both the DS3 and MINI has a famous/infamous timing chain as well. The best way to keep a timing chain happy is make sure it's well lubricated, the best way to do that is clean, fresh oil and the best way to do that is regular oil changes. It also can't hurt the turbo bearings either, your car at the end of the day people mocking you aren't going to pay your garage bills if it goes bang and aren't paying for your oil changes either.
                            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
                              Regular oil changes will make very little difference if any to inlet coking.
                              Nobody said it would, the OP asked "how much do you guy services your thp ?", my answer was "I change the oil and filter every 5k, outside of that nothing special".
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X