Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour of rear window heating elemets!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour of rear window heating elemets!!!

Hi,

Does anyone on here not have there back windows tinted? if so what colour are heating elements?

As Citroen have complete buggered my car up!!!!!!!!! and it looks rubbish"

they didnt inform me they were standard and i am now on my 2nd car! so they have put them film on and of course on the back its now orange on black and it looks utterly rubbish!!!

So what colour are peoples untinted windows?

Thanks

Lou

Heating elements are copper or some copper alloy with black coating. The black coating has chipped off a few places on mine so there's a couple of orange specks.

That said, my rears are tinted so I'm maybe not in the best place to answer your question fully.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

yeah my last one had tinted windows and this one i have now ive had to get the windows filmed but it look so rubbish! its a brand new car! and this is the 2nd one i've had now as they messed the first one up! argh!!!!

Comment

Duplicate post below - sorry. Fish - feel free to delete this one
        Last edited by Funky; 09-11-2016, 09:00.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

My rear windows are also tinted and the heating elements are also copper coloured, but tbh I hadn't took any notice until you had asked. I had to look really close to see what colour they actually were. So are you saying your new DS3 doesn't have tinted rear windows and your heating elements are also copper? Isnt that the standard colour for them? Did you get the rear windows tinted yourself, or did Citroën do it? I thought all the majority of the rear windows were tinted as standard anyway. What model did you get?
          Last edited by Funky; 09-11-2016, 09:00.

Comment

Hi Funky

So i have a DS3 Chic 1.2 110bhp, the first one i had was the 82 and this was all tinted and i too also though they came as standard!

So i had a problem with my first car (82) with the engine! so Citreon agreeded to change the car so i ordered a new one like for like! but from the factory, it arrived and i had no tint! so ive been back and forth and citreon have now done it but added a film and it looks utterly rubbbih!!!!!!

i will attche a couple of images! firstly there is a white edge all the way round! it just looks cheap and nasty! and from a resale point of view it looks like i have done it my self! so the tinted windows apparently don't come standard ! which i wasn't informed of! ARGH!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0788.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	360739

Comment

And another Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	360740

Comment

Did they just put film outside the heating elements? Cause that just looks weird.

Also just checking the spec on the new car would have avoided the whole thing!
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

they put it inside the window, but yeah that is what i am complaining about!

and i was told like for like with the car, so assumed the sales guy would have ordered exactly the same, as i was not to know this didn't come as standard. as the first car i had it already!!!

Comment

Jesus man, a Play Station 3 will not be the same as a Play Station 4

You should complain about that job! Nobody who does tinting foil for a living would do it like that, it is just stupid. I mean what's the point if your not doing the whole thing.

Comment

I know it looks awful does it? and from a resale point of view it looks like i have done it!!!!! and this is a Citroen garage that did it!!!! it looks cheap and nasty!!!!!

Not sure why they didn't just replace the whole thing! and this is going to cost them more in the long run! and apparently in the factory they are dipped not filmed!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so you saying tinting should be done on the outside? and not on the inside?

Comment

I think you should just try and take it to a window tinting place have them redo it and hand the bill to the dealer. Try presenting it as a way to save the dealer time and trouble. The dealer might go for it never know.

Comment

Holy crap!!! I see what you mean LouLou. They have just tinted round the heating element. That's a piss poor job that and you are right cyclone - no self respecting tint place would do it like that. Can't believe Citroën have done it like that!!! I've never seen anything like that before on ANY car with a tinted rear screen, never mind a DS3. I'd look up a decent local tint place and see what they can do and then pass the bill to Citroën.

Comment

Working...
                            X