aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircon

hi peeps does anyone know if i run the aircon on auto continuosly how long roughly would it last before a re gas? thanx in advance for any help

I think the real issue is that if you don't run it at least periodically (like once a month) the seals could dry out and lead to failure of the compressor. I have my A/C on continuously (except when the roof is down which isn't that often!) and i have managed to get past 3 years without even a top up.

Comment

cheers david ill leave mine on auto then:star::ds3:

Comment

I also agree with the above, regularly run air-con is much less likely to give faults, we never switch it off in either of our cars. Climate systems seem fairly efficient in using it sparingly anyway and it means the car never mists up.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I've never had to have aircon regassed. Unless there's a seal failure or components have tobe replaced it should never be needed.

Comment

You should look at having the system recharged and lubricated every two years, the process is simple enough, the old gas is pumped out in favour of new. Have a chat with your dealer otherwise there plenty of mobile guys who can do the job for you.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Cheers guys mines on auto from now on👍

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I see no point whatsoever in spending money on unnecessary work on a system that's designed to be maintenance-free. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

. . . nice little earner, though!

Comment

Working...
                X