Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Advice.

Hey all,

I bought my DS3 from an approved Citroen dealership in march with a 1 year approved used warranty. Since then I have had my car back in a dealership different to where I bought it from 4 times as my steering is making a noise, and they still have not fixed it.

So now Citroen have moved away from that dealership to another that I put my car in with again today. The new Citroen dealership are saying I may have to pay a £60 charge for diagnostics while I'm still under warranty. I can't say I'm too happy about this as I have had the problem pretty much from day 1 and have had it looked at multiple times with no fix.

Can anyone offer me some advise as to where I stand with this? Seriously starting to consider giving the car back if it is not fixed this time.

I would ask for clarification from the dealership as to whether that fee would be waived in the event they find an issue that can be fixed under warranty.

If they can't find an issue then this will likely need to be paid out of your pocket.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The starting point should be that they investigate under warranty and then only if the warranty is void then payment falls due, surely?
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

I went out to my car with the mechanic and he heard and recognised a problem, there is definitely something wrong with it. I don't see how they won't find a problem. Will the fee not be issued in that case?

Comment

Make sure your warranty is up to date and that you have paperwork showing that the car was checked into the dealer for investigation from each dealer you have put the car
          into regarding this problem. From experience you should not be charged a fee for diagnostic if the there is a problem and it is a faulty component, not just due to wear and
          tear. Always ensure you get paperwork from the dealer for anything done. It seems Citroen dealers are either unwilling or unable to service Citroen vehicles.

Comment

What is the problem that you are having?

Strange that after 4 visits your dealer couldn't find the issue you are concerned about.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X