Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS Performance Line - they've got to be joking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Performance Line - they've got to be joking!

I've had a "Citroen Performance Line" brochure in the post today.

"DS Performance Line brings an even more dynamic flavour to every model in the DS range".

So how is this achieved? In the case of the DS3 by gloss black wheels & a few tiny stickers!

Enhancement to the range or a cynical marketing exercise?

Don't forget the different badges

This was the official press release:

PERFORMANCE APPARENT FROM THE VERY FIRST GLANCE
    Be it a New DS 3, New DS 3 Cabrio, New DS 4 or DS 5, a Performance Line model is instantly recognisable. Each body style is specified with a contrasting black roof, combined with a specific palette of body colours (seven for New DS 3, six for New DS 4, and five for DS 5). The new large gloss black alloy wheels feature the DS logo set against a Carmine Red background on the centre caps to add exclusivity to all DS Performance Line models.

The signature colours of DS Performance (Carmine Red, White and Gold) are seen on key components of the vehicle, such as the door mirrors and the rear spoiler. In addition, the front doors and bonnet are adorned with special new ‘DS Performance Line’ badges.

REFINEMENT AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL TO COMPLIMENT THE DYNAMIC STYLE
    Refinement and attention to detail are two fundamental values for DS Automobiles. The DS Performance Line pays tribute to these brand values with a number of specific features including a new style of upholstery with black Dinamica cloth, or a choice of two grades of leather trim. The overstitching on the seats reflects the colours of DS Performance. The special stitching also adorns the door panels, the gear lever gaiter and the leather steering wheel.In addition, the front seats are embroidered with a ‘DS Performance Line’ emblem.

The quality of the leather, and the other materials used, enhances the refinement of each interior. A choice of either grained or Nappa leather is available across the entire range. There is metallic detailing within the cabin, including chrome inserts on the steering wheel and door sill protectors to further enhance the meticulous style of the interior. Finally, New DS 3, New DS 4 and DS 5 offer LED lighting to illuminate the cabin.

On the outside, the DS grille is accentuated by the DS LED Vision light signature – a technology that takes distinction to a new level.

FROM ENGINES TO CONNECTIVITY: THE MOST EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGIES
    The DS Performance Line features a broad range of efficient engines with outstanding torque, ultra-low CO2 emissions and fuel consumption. All these engines feature Stop & Start technology.

The Performance Line also features the DS brand’s latest technological developments including a 7-inch touchscreen, Satellite Navigation, Mirror Screen (MirrorLink® and Apple CarPlay™), and DS connected services via the DS Connect Box.

With its dynamic look, the DS Performance Line is dedicated to drivers seeking GT-inspired styling, combined with a choice of refined and efficient engines.

And what CAR magazine thought
    DS Performance Line revealed: no, we’re still not interested
    What do I get for my money?
    An exclusive collection of colours including Batman’s French-holiday rental-spec – a stealthy two-tone black with matching gloss black wheels.

Bold optional paint choices like Arctic Steel and Ruby Red also sound like Gotham villains, while more muted tones – including four (four!) shades of grey – are also available.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Every "line" is absolute bull. DS Performance line, BMW MSport, Ford ST line, Mercedes AMG line, Audi S line, VW R line..... The list goes on.

What is the appeal of an imitation of their ACTUAL sports models? It's just pointless higher cost. Get a puretech DS3, spray the wheels gloss black, and sweet talk Joni into making you some stickers and BAM, a "performance line" at a fraction of the cost.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
        Every "line" is absolute bull.
        Oh I don't know Ben......I like a good Bass line....especially nice and loud in my :ds3:
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
          Oh I don't know Ben......I like a good Bass line....especially nice and loud in my :ds3:
          Ok then Mr. Loophole!

I need a sub to be able to handle the blasting double bass in 90% of my driving playlist. I say playlist... more like Music>genres>metal>all songs>shuffle
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

New signature tune for my DS3 ...Diesel Power by The Prodigy!
            LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

It'll depend on the price difference (and insurance grouping) to the real thing. While it could be described as a cynical marketing if you were for example looking at the next trim level down with a few options and it had those for a similar price then it might be worth it.

Tbf it's how we ended up with a d-style + we were looking at a dstyle but by the time you'd added on a few little bits (parking sensors and Bluetooth and the autolights and wipers) then actually it was better to go for the plus and get the folding mirrors and 17 inch wheels as well.

Given these come with what is usually an expensive option of leather and what sounds like the best version of the HU chances are it'll be saving over up speccing a lower model to a similar level.
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                New signature tune for my DS3 ...Diesel Power by The Prodigy!
                Good call Jez. Downloading for mine too
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

It totally cheapens the actual Performance range. Just like Audi S-Line etc.
                  May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                  October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                  Instagram @adamds3

Comment

You're all missing the point here.

The reason this model line exists is that, as we discovered with the DStyle+, is there are some folks who want the looks and comfort but not the speed and higher running costs. For those people the full on Performance version is available.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Still, why not call it something new, like "executive" or "luxury". Branding something with your top performance model's name without actually having said performance is a bit silly.

The DStyle+ wasn't called the "DSport line" or "Racing line", it was what it was: the DStyle, plus some extras.
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                        Every "line" is absolute bull. DS Performance line, BMW MSport, Ford ST line, Mercedes AMG line, Audi S line, VW R line..... The list goes on.

What is the appeal of an imitation of their ACTUAL sports models? It's just pointless higher cost. Get a puretech DS3, spray the wheels gloss black, and sweet talk Joni into making you some stickers and BAM, a "performance line" at a fraction of the cost.
                        I disagree. The 'line' marks it out as the one with the styling but not the associated costs of ownership. They work well for someone who may like how a certain model looks but can't justify the higher running costs and insurance.

It's nothing new either... the Saxo Furio was a cheaper VTR/VTS imitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Auto express just published two page test on performance line![emoji107]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0472.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	360866

Comment

Better picture

Comment

Woods better picture 2[emoji107]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	360867

Comment

Working...
                              X