No announcement yet.

DS3 Standard rear light to 3d worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Standard rear light to 3d worth it?

I have a DS3 and it has the standard rear lights and I can't get over how much the 3d ones look so much better.

My question is,
    changing the lights will be classed as a modification which mean I will have to inform my car insurance. Has someone done this before? and how
    much is it likely to go up?

I wouldn't even inform my insurer.

You're replacing an OEM part with another OEM part. Are they going to know what's standard on your car? Plenty of other DS3s have them and they are wired the same so there's no greater chance of it failing in yours than in a newer one with the 3D lights.

If you want to be super certain then go ahead, just tell them you're upgrading to newer OEM DS3 lights. I doubt they'd even care. If they do want to raise the premiums then they are douches.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Ive got them on my ds3 they look great from behind already fitted and zenon headlights
      Would i pay for them as an extra mmmmmm depends on the price

Comment

Changed mine didn't tell anyone

Comment

How much do you think I will get for my pair of rear lights? I have seen one from Vaxuhall for £65. I just need to find a of rear light now

Comment

Okay its not £65 its the trim for sale. Anyone willing to trade from 3d ones to standard? Willing to £80 on top

Comment

3D lights go for £250-350 a pair on ebay as a benchmark. Old style goes for £50-80 per light. Not sure if anyone will want to downgrade, but you never know...
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Been offered £75+ vat so £90 for ns led rear light. Is that okay?

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                  3D lights go for £250-350 a pair on ebay as a benchmark. Old style goes for £50-80 per light. Not sure if anyone will want to downgrade, but you never know...
                  Might not be such a downgrade but just buying for replacements, you get these certain drivers at supermarkets that like to hit metal posts and knock rear lights out.
                  Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                  E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by Youngey View Post
                    Been offered £75+ vat so £90 for ns led rear light. Is that okay?
                    For yours or the 3D ones? If the latter, that's a good price providing it's in good nick.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

For the 3d ones. Why is it when you ask for the condition of anything worth buying there's no response. I was meant to be getting one of the 3d
                      Lights from a breaker 25 miles from me and they have responded to all my messages except the one about what's the condition. I give up.

Comment

25 miles isn't far to go and look at it in person. Might be that the LEDs are bust so they're trying to palm it off cheap without mentioning it...
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

See them on gumtree a lot

Comment

I dont know where you are searching on Gumtree but I put DS3 rear lights, DS3 brake lights and nothing comes up, I even put Nationwide too :confused:

As for the led's being bust its a possibility now you say it. How much are the led's in them?

Comment

Think the pre-December 2012 build lights look pretty cool imo
                              3D a bit too fancy, altho wouldnt look a gifthorse

Older ones will remain originals in years to come
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X