Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to buy a 2nd hand DS3 (sport/+), any advice please

Hi guys

So, i found this site after doing some research on the DS3 and i'd really appreciate some help or advice. I have driven a Corsa for the last 2 years and it's really only ever driven to and from the train station and then been parked up at either end. However i now have a new job that will involve some driving, occasional visits to customers etc.

Having tested a Volvo V40 and several others, one drive of a 2013 DS3 sport and i'm hooked. I have decided on the manual Diesel as i will be doing some occasional 2-4 hour drives on motorways but mostly commuting within 50 miles of home. My budget is around the £8k mark so looking at a 2013 or 2014 model with 20k-25k miles on it.

So, i have some questions that i'd really appreciate some help or advice on.

Sport or Sport Plus? I like the leather but not really essential, does the Plus make much of a difference?
    BHP? There seems to be multiple options in diesel manual Sport models. I have tested the 90BHP with a 5 speed gearbox and will be testing the 110BHP with a 6 speed tomorrow. Does it really make much of a difference?
    I'm probably going to buy form one of the 2 Citroen dealers near me (Reading RG8), what should i look out for specifically?
    Is it worth getting an independent mechanical check of the car done? Can anyone recommend one near Reading?
    Love my DAB so will be looking at DAB upgrades in the near future. I use Bluetoot for call all the time and whilst it comes as standard, if the DAB upgrade makes it any better will also take that option.
    Any other advice would be most welcome
    Thanks again

Steve

I personally go for the Sport+ I like the extra options, the wide spoiler rear brake light, the better sound system, the leather seats are WAY comfier... if you have the budget for the plus. I've had a 90 and a 115. The 115 is a massive improvement over the 90 they are pretty faultless amazing engines and
    its nice to have the 6th gear (even though it's just an idler) Its a lot pokier and it loves being pushed a lot more than the 90 and eats motorways, i found the 90 was crap on the motorway i found it tyresome to drive long journeys, not the 115. The year will matter for the bluetooth i thought i was getting bluetooth
    with my 11 plate 90 and i didn't. It came on my 12 plate though so 13/14 fine.

If your gonna take the 110 or the 90 make sure you boot it, it loves being pushed and it drives a hell of a lot smoother and better if you don't drive it like its a Micra. I personally wouldn't use cheap supermarket sludge but that is totally up to you. I ran my 115 on Vpower and Ultimate and it loved it, never missed a beat,
    never a cough a splutter .. nothing! Or black smoke either.
    Last edited by streettweeks; 23-11-2016, 11:10.
    Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
    E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Good advice, thanks

Comment

Just FYI, with diesels of the age you're looking:
        - 90 = DStyle (single exit exhaust/ 5 speed).
        - 110/115 = DSport (dual exit exhaust/ 6 speed).

I would go for DSport+, worth it for the options and 6th gear. The extra cost of the options has already been paid for by the original owner.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Seconded,the 115 eHDI 6 speed is a great drive and a really good engine for economy runs.
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Thirded (is there such a word?). I got a 13 plate eHDI 115 DSport as I preferred the fabric, suede and pleather mix seats to full leather, but that's just my personal preference. They are really supportive and hold you in nicely when ripping round corners. I got all the toys, twin pipes, spoiler, 6 speed box, bluetooth, etc etc with mine too. It's surprisingly quick (not THP quick) and is great on both short journeys and motorway hauls and the engine is nice and quiet for a diesel and awesome on MPG. Treat it well, by not filling it with supermarket sludge on every fill up and you will love it and it will love you back. I still smile every time I look at and drive mine and when I really give it some and it just goes and goes, my smile just gets bigger :cool:!!
            Last edited by Funky; 23-11-2016, 20:16.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Had mine for 2 1/2 years lovely car lovely drive go for the extra bhp and toys you'll love it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it.

I like the extra toys of the Sport PLUS but the lack of a cup holder annoys me more that it should. How have you guys found it?

I'm looking at buying from a dealer, should i still get a 3rd party inspection done?

Comment

I stopped reading at 'Bluetoot', giggled and had to post a reply.

Good luck with your purchase.
                  @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by SASINSEA View Post

I like the extra toys of the Sport PLUS but the lack of a cup holder annoys me more that it should. How have you guys found it?

I'm looking at buying from a dealer, should i still get a 3rd party inspection done?
                    You get really good at balancing coffee on your knees, or burnt legs.

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                    E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by SASINSEA View Post

get a larger take away coffee and it fits perfectly in the door pocket.
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                        get a larger take away coffee and it fits perfectly in the door pocket.
                        Mike you drive a THP you shouldn't even be able to drive with coffee in the car without it going everywhere (i can't now) Bwaahh and pshhtt make coffee go spill.

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                          Mike you drive a THP you shouldn't even be able to drive with coffee in the car without it going everywhere (i can't now) Bwaahh and pshhtt make coffee go spill.
                          i drive extremely carefully with Beverage on Board
                          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

You need a sign in the rear window like the Baby on Board ones lol
                            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                              You need a sign in the rear window like the Baby on Board ones lol
                              Seconded

Comment

Working...
                              X