Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service / Repair Paperwork

Hi guys,

Had my DSport+ into local citroen dealer as the rear parking sensor systen wasnt working ................ Garage fixed system under warrenty, good job well done. Went to pick car up and thought i would get some paperwork detailing work done for my records. Dealer said they dont give out anything as it was warranty work but agreed to send something anyway. A week later had the usual customer satisfaction letter asking if all went well, rang them and once again asked for some paperwork / record of work carried out. Got the same response about not providing paperwork on warranty jobs ??. I insisted i wanted something and they said they will send something to me.

Question : .... Should i get paperwork / record of work carried out, i would like to keep a record of all work carried out on my car. What is the correct procedure in this situation ?

Any help appreciated on where i stand

tia

Hi, I've had similar experiences where they just don't give you any proof of work done. Keep chasing it, even if you have to walk in there and demand something face-to-face. Otherwise they might be saying they fixed it when in reality the problem might not have shown while they were working on it so they ignored it.

In future I'll refuse to leave with my car until I have proof of work done. My local garage I get services/MOTs at is good though, and even write all fixed/replacement parts in the service book as well as giving me the full invoice and job sheet.

Kick up enough of a fuss and they'll send you the paperwork
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

thanks for the feedback BenS, appreciated.

I intend to pursue this

Comment

Your dealer is correct, there is no formal paperwork given to customers in regards to warranty work as this is not recorded within the service books. This information is not normally required down the line.

Rather than kicking up a fuss.... Ask if you can get a copy of the job card which you would have signed to authorise the work and a screen print of the submitted warranty job on Citroen Service Portal.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks bigfoot, at least dealer is consistant with what you and BenS have said regarding warranty work.

It just seemed really weird that the customer got no record of work on a vehicle owned !!!

I wonder if it is unique to Citroen as my wifes ford focus was in getting new wing mirror motor under warranty earlier this year and paperwork showing work done at nill cost due to warranty was providedf without asking.

Comment

Strangely we got an itemised bill at the end of our warranty work even though it was under warranty (apparently a new rear cluster is 314 quid) and this is despite the fact that we don't pay for the servicing and they bill the lease company direct.
            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
            X