No announcement yet.

How you not want your weekend to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you not want your weekend to start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steinschlag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	368312
    Fuck!

Shiiiiiit! Do you have companies like Autoglass in Germany? They come to wherever you are and fix the chip with resin, and your insurance company pays them.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yes wo do have them. But this stone chip isn't a surface damage only, it's already cracked deep into the glas and the surrounding area.
      Neverthless I'm going to see my dealer tomorrow morning but expecting the worst.

Comment

Were you in it when you got hit.

Comment

Oh yeah I was. 3 cars in oncoming traffic. Didn't saw it come but heard the impact. It was a bang bang like a shot.

Comment

It's official. Not repairable. To many cracks and in direct view of the driver. This means a new windscreen next spring.

Comment

Do you not have windscreen excess with your insurance? Its usually alot less than your standard insurance excess. Waiting until next spring to get that replaced sounds a bit dangerous to me. It will no doubt impair your visibility and in a worst case scenario, may crack more and come crashing in on you whilst driving!! I'm glad you weren't hurt when it happened though.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

It's covered by my insurance with a co-payment of 150€.
                At the moment it doesn't impair my visibility and I'll have an eager eye on it so as soon as it cracks more I'll see my dealer again.
                I want to wait until spring just in case I pick up some more hits during this winter.
                It is unbelievable what 2 layers of glas and a thin plastic foil can bear.

Comment

Fair enough, just wanting you to stay safe Jan
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X