Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on which DS3 please .... noob

Hi all,

Just looking for some real-life advice on which model to go for. I'm totally new to the whole DS3 world and looking to buy a 2nd hand DS3 DSport Plus around the 2013/14 age.

I had expected to buy the 155 THP engine as I am coming from an Audi S3 2013 (300 bhp).

I test drove the 155 THP and it seems nippy enough and then today I test drove what was supposed to be another 155 THP but was mis-advertised. When I got there it was a Diesel.
    OK, I said I will give it a go! it was a 110 Airdream (no idea what airdream means?) and was surprised to find it was also quite nippy!
    Albeit a slightly different drive (some lag before the torque kicks in) but it was not loud or clunky and was super smooth and pulled well.

So, was wondering if any kind peeps who have owned or driven both over a good amount can offer any advice? I have also seen some horrors on here about the 155 THP
    engines and coking up or mis-fires etc. Happy to have a diesel re-map.

Please don't hate or flame me, I'm new to Citroen/DS3 arena. Looking for the DSport Plus variant as I prefer the more bucket seats and want one with auto lights/wipers etc.

Thank you for your time .... and apologies if I have names/figures/acronyms etc wrong in my post!

Ro

If you can go for thp 165 ideally have previously owned 90 and 110 diesel both good cars but now prefer the petrol get an average 47 mpg mixed driving on a good run can get up to 60 mpg on the fuel computer.
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Just moved from the 110 diesel to the 1.2 130 petrol and loving both, think if you can live with the diesel go for it, think it remaps to 155.

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments.

Anyone any ideas on rough 0-60 times from a remap diesel? Looks like stock is 9.7. Just wondering how much difference the remap to 150+ makes

I only do about 10,000 miles per year so the cost savings from petrol to diesel is not on my radar it's more what they are like to live with say to day.

Comment

Don't know times, but what I do know is:

Getting 155+ bhp requires supporting mods e.g. FMIC (your main one), better exhaust, GSR induction kit / performance panel filter, possible DPF delete. This is also the less economical remap (barely).

The quantum blue remap to 140-ish improves fuel economy if you want a good MPG daily. SPTuning probably also offer a max power map and a toned-down eco map.

The diesel is sooo much more reliable than the THP, but ultimately less fun if you want to push it hard. If you just want a daily with a bit of flair, the diesel will suffice.
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

If you go for a remap speak to Jamie at SP Tuning - loads of us had ours remapped by him and he really knows the DS3s as an owner himself
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              If you go for a remap speak to Jamie at SP Tuning - loads of us had ours remapped by him and he really knows the DS3s as an owner himself
              Thanks for the details. If I get one I will certainly give Jamie at call and see what can be done.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X