Engine fault : repairs needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fault : repairs needed

Hey guys... I'm new to this site as I have not long had my ds3... one problem though..
    I have only had him 2 months he's 4 years old and done about 22000, today on my way back from work not long after I started it it came up with the service light and engine light.. I have noticed it has missed a few times since I've had it but only a few and I suppose every now and then ( like twice ) I was told not to worry about it, I rang my garage to tell them the the service Nd engine light had come on along with the heaters full tap but then the service light went out but the engine light remains.. inpersonaly felt it was missing a lot more on my drive back.. my garage told me to do 60/70 miles in a low gear as he might just be clogged up ( diesel )to wich I explained I travel 40 miles a day to work with over half of it doing 60/70 mph so it shouldn't be clogged up in any way.. and also the it had literally this week (2days ago) had a full service so this shouldn't be happening
    I am to take my car in tomorrow so they can have a look... I just thought I would ask you guys if any of you have experienced this before..?
    Cheers in advance
    Last edited by Hannah23350; 20-12-2016, 19:04.

Welcome
    Thing is you have only had it 2 months now and there is no way to know how it was driven previously to you getting it. The garage seems to think the partical filter is clogged up (a good bet) and that is not something that happens overnight it builds up over time. They will probably read any codes in the computer and then force a regeneration of the DPF. Happens a lot to diesels that are driven for short trips and again you don't know how it was driven before. A full service in no way guarantees that you will not have any faults with a car, it is just a service not a full teardown and inspection of everything.
    Last edited by cyclone; 21-12-2016, 19:21.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

22000 miles sounds like it hasn't done many motorway miles, might need a good blast.

Comment

Any update Hannah ?
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X