Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3's are hard to find😢

Hello guys

I haven't posted much because I still haven't managed to find a DS3🙁.

I still love the forum and find out useful information. I decided I wanted a DS3 about 18 months ago so started researching, as you'll see from my previous posts I wanted an automatic due to a shoulder issue.
    Wow are they hard to find, I took one for a test drive back in April and loved it but me being fussy wanted a different colour and I thought one would have come up by now. In hindsight I guess I should have bought that one but hey ho. What's really weird is that a couple of months ago I pulled up beside that very DS3!! Damn! It was taunting me.
    Anyway this car was at my local Citroen dealer and they haven't had an automatic since. I did find one in Taunton (50 miles away) and went to have a look but when we got there they said that someone had placed a holding deposit down and were going to view it in a couple of days, damn.
    I'm still hoping that some more may appear in the new year, I'm finding that the newer shape models are appearing more so I may decide to get this model.
    I wanted to ask you guys about the new puretech autos, do they still have the sport seclection and if not, does this make a huge difference? I'm just wondering if the performance is the same?
    Also I wanted the plus model to get the automatic air con, reverse sensors and folding mirrors (I'm so fussy I know) I thought the new elegance model is the equivalent but I'm not so sure, it doesnt seem to have folding mirrors but it is an option, how do you know if a car has folding mirrors, is it the little white down arrow on the mirror button?

Sorry for the long post, any help or feedback would be great.
    Thanks
    Karen

Hi Karen,

The autos are very rare - I don't think they were very popular when they came out due to the 4-speed transmission. Keep looking and maybe widen your search range

Not sure what you want to know about the Puretechs? What do you mean by sport selection? The Performance models will be a hell of a lot of fun but also a lot of money in maintenance (also, the Performance is not available with an auto gearbox).

Power folding mirrors do indeed have the down arrow on the mirror button, but I'm not certain if this means they will auto-fold when you lock the car (mine do but I don't know how non-auto-folders work).

Best of luck with your ongoing search
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Edit: if you meant Performance Line, this will have more toys just with a Puretech engine, available in an automatic.
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks BenS

Sorry I didn't really make that clear did I. With the sport selection I meant when I took out a 2015 model, on the automatic box there was a button/selection for sport mode, unfortunately I forgot to try it on my test drive. I just wondered whether the new EAT6 auto had the same sport button?
        Thanks

Comment

Ahhh right, I have no clue about that one! Might be something to ask at a showroom. Possibly someone else here will know and jump in with that information for you
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Cheap ones certainly hard to find... but DS3s in generl just aint hard to find
            Theres zillions of them... least round here there is

Bon chance
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Depending on your budget if you can find a dark light edition they are guaranteed to be automatic.
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

A quick look on auto trader filtered by gearbox has 24 autos for sale at the moment.

Comment

The DS3 elegance doesn't have folding mirrors it is an option though if buying new.

Comment

We got our auto from available car.com At the time they had loads of DS 3,s in stock

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes there are some autos out there but a lot are miles away and I didn't really want to travel too far. I guess if it was a Citroen dealer then it's not so bad if anything goes wrong and I could take it to a local dealer.
                      If it was an independent garage then I'd be worried if there were any issues, as I don't want to travel back and forth. I'm not saying things would go wrong, it's just in the back of your mind.
                      I did see some at Available Car, do you know if they would transport vehicles to different dealers more local to you?
                      I don't know much about car supermarkets, I've heard mixed reviews. Motorpoint was another one I was looking at but I've heard some cars are imports but again is this a issue?
                      I'll keep looking and see what appears next year.

Comment

From personal experience, stay away from independent garages if possible. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones around but the majority come close to scamming you out of money and lying about work done / condition of car.

Imports are a big no-no. The insurance isn't worth it. Plus if it's left hand drive that will be a faff.

If you do find ones further afield on autotrader for example, see if they have a dealer in their chain closer to home that they can deliver to. If you're serious about buying they'll often go out of their way for a sale.
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Given some of the stuff I've seen on here (and the car that currently sitting outside plotting what it's going to do next) I'd not want to buy any Ds3 without a manufacturer warranty..

Comment

Working...
                          X