Test drove a cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test drove a cab

So, last week we took a right colour, right model but wrong engine for a spin. We're looking at the 1.2 (130) engine and not the more powerful 1.6 which is what we test drove. Was very impressed with the cabin and the over all drive.

My daily is a Smart Roadster Brabus (which I love) so I'm use to "stiff" suspension and this felt slightly softer sprung. The engine was pokey, but the question is what is the view of the 1.2 (130) compared to the larger 1.6?

By the time we got back to the dealer (who were very friendly and helpful), we had to get back as it was the last day of school and they were finishing early (I'd forgotten else I would have arranged to test on a different day).

I get it is 30bhp less, but it is lighter etc so the dynamics should be different.

Best,
    Andy

ps Mrs Angel Boy was happy so as it is here car, major bonus

The 1.2 will be a more fuel efficient engine and probably cheaper to repair. Plus cheaper to tax and insure. I don't think there's that much difference in kerb weights between the two cars so it really comes down to one thing:

Do you / your wife like driving fast and heavy footed?

Yes = Get the 1.6 165bhp (can even raise that figure with a few simple mods)
    No = Get the 1.2 130bhp - it's still nippy but more suited to everyday driving
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Just gone from the 115 diesel, after moving and doing less motorway miles, and pleasantly surprised up the revs it's very spirited and you can even hear a nice bit of grunt. I mix styles up a bit and managing 45mpg but only had it a month and really enjoying it, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
        Just gone from the 115 diesel, after moving and doing less motorway miles, and pleasantly surprised up the revs it's very spirited and you can even hear a nice bit of grunt. I mix styles up a bit and managing 45mpg but only had it a month and really enjoying it, you won't be disappointed.
        Ah, good info. Thanks.

Andy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
          The 1.2 will be a more fuel efficient engine and probably cheaper to repair. Plus cheaper to tax and insure. I don't think there's that much difference in kerb weights between the two cars so it really comes down to one thing:

Do you / your wife like driving fast and heavy footed?

Yes = Get the 1.6 165bhp (can even raise that figure with a few simple mods)
          No = Get the 1.2 130bhp - it's still nippy but more suited to everyday driving
          Hehe, I think the reason I'm drawn to the 1.2 is for them reasons you listed as pluses for the 1.6. It'll help prevent them.....[emoji16]

I hope Mrs Andy doesn't see this.....[emoji54]

Andy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I quite liked the engine in the 1.2 puretech when I test drove it before getting the 1.6 165thp.

I really do prefer the 165thp though, I can't say I race it everywhere, a lot of my driving is a 2 mile commute to and from work and I keep it under 2,500RPM.

It's great pulling out of junctions and overtaking though. Can be fairly scary at times but it's great fun! Fairly torquey in 2nd and 3rd gear.
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Also the 1.6 has a few recurring issues (timing chain, hpfp, inlet coking) hopefully the newer 1.2 would have had these addressed but they are a bit new to see any evidence.
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                Can be fairly scary at times but it's great fun!
                I remember this day well.......
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                X