Adrian Flux insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Flux insurance

After a recent house move (3 miles) i notified my insurers of the change of address and as my insurance was up for renewal i asked
    for a new quote based on my new address, i was told it would now be going up from £176.00 for fully comprehensive to £462.00.

After i picked myself up off the floor (and politely told him where to put his quote) i started the usual routine of car supermarket
    online searches, some were cheaper some were a lot dearer, the i thought why not try Adrian Flux via the DS3 owners club, best they
    could do was £550.00, i was disappointed to say the least, i ended up paying £412.00 with Liverpool Victoria.

Is it the area i have moved to, (Leicester LE2) my age (55) or the car (1.6 Diesel) or just greedy insurance companies who like to rip
    people off.

Everyone's driving history and details are different but I would say if you have a few years no claims and no points or accidents then the deciding factor in the increase would be the area you've moved to.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If you haven't had any changes at all, ie insurance claims, points or change of car, then it's purely the postcode change that's caused your insurance to rocket. I moved a few years back to a place 2 miles away from where I lived and my insurance dropped by £100, which to me made no sense at all. The last 3 characters had changed on my postcode and that was it and it was 5 mins drive from where I lived. Crazy, but insurance as a whole is a mystical rip off anyway!!
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        insurance as a whole is a mystical rip off anyway!!
        Couldn't agree more.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I think you are right, just got to suck it up and get on with it.

Comment

Where abouts in LE2 and where did you move from? Im in LE18 and am paying £355 for a '13 plate DSport Plus and Ive only been driving 4 years so it does sound a lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, moved from Whetstone to just off Stonesby Avenue (near pork pie island)

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                Hi, moved from Whetstone to just off Stonesby Avenue (near pork pie island)
                Thats abot a 5 min drive from me. Bit strange that you're paying more than me but have been driving longer i assume and i have the sport.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had a decent quote from Adrian Flux but am aware there are a few members on here that have.

I've found Chris Knott insurance will often just drop £20 from any other quote you've had so long as you can provide them with a screenshot of the other quote.

If you're trying Chris Knott, reference DS3Club for further concessions.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yeah +1 for Chris Knott. Nothing but praise for them.
                    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Hi,

Sorry we were unable to find a competitive quote for you, if you wanted to DM me I'd be happy to look into why for you.

Kind Regards
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
                        Hi,

Sorry we were unable to find a competitive quote for you, if you wanted to DM me I'd be happy to look into why for you.

Kind Regards
                        Dan
                        Fair play for posting that. It's the first I've seen of an insurance company on a car forum actively getting involved in an insurance related thread. May not lead to a better quote, but being an informed buyer would sure help.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X