Ds3 road noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 road noise

Hi all I'm a newbie on here after some advice. Bought the wife a ds3 givenchy edition but we are finding the road noise to be so bad we are avoiding using it if we are going more then 5 miles. Anyone no a solution as we will lose a fortune if we have to chop it in. Many.thanks

1) Try some wind deflectors

2) Put the radio on

3) Put the radio on louder

4) LOUDER

5) Problem solved

Honestly it only gets loud on the motorway. But even then I don't hear it for the above reasons.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I drive merc van with a fridge 2000 miles a week it's quieter than this. It's noisy at 30

Comment

Will the wind deflectors stop road noise

Comment

Different tyres might reduce. Not sure what that edition comes with.

They are all a bit loud on busier bigger roads. Quite often reported on here 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I found the Michelin Pilot Sports that came with my DS3 quite quiet - I remember reading that other brands (Bridgestones maybe?) are a lot noisier. What tyres are on your DS3 ?

If you have the time you can research tyre makes and their noise, as well as stopping/water clearance properties, online - you can then consider getting a quieter set ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psut1 View Post
              Hi all I'm a newbie on here after some advice. Bought the wife a ds3 givenchy edition but we are finding the road noise to be so bad we are avoiding using it if we are going more then 5 miles. Anyone no a solution as we will lose a fortune if we have to chop it in. Many.thanks
              What kind of road noise are we talking about here?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm slightly puzzled as to why you bought the car if you wren't happy with it. Didn't you notice the road noise on the test drive?

I wouldn't say the DS3 suffers from excessive road noise, in fact I'd say it's pretty good in that respect for a small car, based on the admittedly small sample of three that I've driven - two test drives before purchase & the one we bought. It's ceratinly as good as, if not better than, the Alfa 147 it replaced. Way, way better than a Fiat Panda!

What tyres do you have on it? Are you 100% sure the noise you're hearing is tyre-generated & not something else, e.g. a failing wheel bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  wren't. . . ceratinly
                  You know what I meant! Why does DS3club not allow posts to be edited?

Comment

I couldn't test drive it as they didn't have one as there only releasing 500 but was told it would not be any worse than the smaller ones.
                    Definitely tyre on tarmac noise and citroen uk have confirmed that. Looking into tyres but am pained to lay out more money

Comment

It does ? I can edit my posts ?
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a full membership thing only, probably to stop spammers going nuts with edits.
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Could try dead matting the doors and under the carpet, yeah a large expense but will definitely cut the road noise.......
                          Knock Knock?

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                            It's a full membership thing only, probably to stop spammers going nuts with edits.
                            Hmm. . . looks like my "lifetime" full membership has disappeared, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Psut1 View Post
                              I couldn't test drive it as they didn't have one as there only releasing 500 but was told it would not be any worse than the smaller ones.
                              Have they got another car with the same wheel/tyre combination that you can drive as a comparison? As far as I know the Givenchy thing is just a cosmetic (?) exercise, so mechanically the car should be the same as other models.

Comment

Working...
                              X