Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dailyway tyres?

Hey guys,

I know cheap Chinese tyres are usually to be avoided, but I was wondering if anyone has had dailyway tyres on their ds3?
    The 205/45/17 are rated B for wet grip and fuel efficiency, which is pretty good but I don't know how much of a life span to expect.
    I'm going to get them in 3 weeks, I only have my Ds3 for another year so I'm hoping they'll hold out til I hand it back.

Never heard of them, I'm a bit of a tyre snob, I always looks for the A rated tyres (grip and noise) as I'd hate to cut corners on quality and then regret it later

Doesn't help you though does it ?
    sigpic

Comment

How cheap are we talking? And how many miles per year do you do?
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

See I would like to do the same, but every tyre I've seen here seems to be either an E for one and a B for the other, even top end ones seem to be an A and a C, and right now 38 quid a pop is much easier to do than 120 each.

Edits BenS approx 6-8000 mate.

Comment

Remember you are literally betting your life on these. How much IS your life worth? Mine is way more than 152.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Uniroyal Rainsport 3, Avon ZZ4 or ZZ5, Yokohama AE50, Kumho Ecsta le Sport KU39

All A rated tyres in the wet at under £100 each for 17 inch wheels, cheaper if you have the 16s. Mostly C rating for fuel economy too.

I agree with Cyclone's point. Tyres are your only point of contact with the road, so not one to cheap out on.

That said, if you're happy to throw some budget ones on for a year, then that's your decision. Your mileage shouldn't wear them out much.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Before I got my DS3, which are running on Michelins, I put cheap tyres on my Focus Sport (I think they were Barums) and I was only doing 6000 miles a year and they degraded on the tread so badly (frighteningly so), I had to replace them all in about 12-14 months. They were shite and it proved to false economy, as quality tyres - although more expensive, last much longer, even with "spirited driving".

Ben has found you some great bargains on decent tyres there and I agree with Cyclone too, it's not a part of your car I'd wanna take a risk on either to save a few quid. Having said that if you are getting rid of it soon, might not be worthwhile. It's your call though.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

You don't drive a third-rate car; why buy third-rate tyres?

Don't economise on safety.

Comment

Unanimous decision then, I'll wait a couple of months and stick something better on. Thanks folks.

Comment

Bit late to the party discussion here, but here is another angle on this discussion and one I use for why I fit winter tyres (yes, even down here in the SE of England).

Most drivers class themselves competent and able to drive within the tyres limits, fair enough. What you can't control is when those that aren't as competent as they perhaps thought (or drop their phone whilst texting) do something unexpected and you have to react in an emergency situation. This is were you lean on the tyres the most (swerving and braking) and I personally want the best I can afford on each corner to maximise the chances of me getting out the other side in one piece.

I use to live in the NE of Scotland and didn't do the winter tyre thing. It wasn't until I heard a traffic cop use this argument that made me think different about tyres and the use of winter tyres.

Best,
                    Andy

Comment

I've opted for a set of Dunlop sportmaxx RT, getting fitted on Monday

Comment

Looks like a good choice. Reviews seem OK and price is very competitive.
                        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X