Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints and tips for buying 155 thp?

Hi guys and gals.
    Newbie here and thinking of getting a 2013 onwards 155thp dsport plus. Been lurking a little while looking at posts.
    I was wondering what to look for in a used 155thp? Is it reliable? Cost much to fix?
    Common faults?
    What's this walnut blast to de-coke? Are they that bad?
    MPG?
    I'm mildly tempted by a 208 gti but it's bit garish inside and ds3 are over a grand cheaper....even with a Remap!
    Hints and tips great fully received:-)

I'd say pretty reliable, but there are a few common faults; high pressure fuel pump, temp sensor and coking of intake valves, see below. There have also been some issues with the timing chains (but I can't recall if these are fixed on the thp155s or not...)

The walnut blasting is to de-coke the intake valves. This is an inherent problem with all direct injection engines, but the Pug/Cit/Mini THP engines seem to be quite susceptible.

Mpg is rather good. I can get under 6L/100km on the highway if I'm well behaved and average about 7-8L/100km around town. But I'll leave you to convert those into mpg figures.

Re. cost to fix, not really any different to other comparable cars in my (limited) experience.

Comment

Cheers for that. I spoke to Jamie from sp tuning today. Got a load of info on walnut blasting and remaps.
      Think I'll try and find a 155thp with less than 25k miles get it remapped and regular walnut blasting!

Comment

Working...
      X