Service spanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service spanner

Bought our 120vti, 62reg 19 months ago, book shows record of service at 5400 and 9500 miles it has now done 20500 miles will the spanner symbol appear when the next service is due or does that depend if the previous service has been entered into the system ?

The intervals are two years or twenty thousand miles, although it seems that the previous owner had it done annually which is not that unusual. The service counter would have been reset at 9,500 miles so as you have only done 11,000 miles in 19 months the spanner will appear at a time which is two years since the last service. Had you reached 30,000 miles by now the spanner would have appeared due to mileage.

Comment

Cheers 'old bloke' , the 9500 service was done by the dealer i bought the car off, the 5400 one was by the original Citroen dealership so even if the dealer i bought it from did'nt reset the counter (which is the reason for my post )i can expect the spanner to show up iaround 25000 miles ?

Comment

Yep if it wasn't reset it would pop up at around 23,900. Mine started showing at 1500 miles before service due I think.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

If you are curious to know how many miles you have to go then press the trip reset button briefly and the counter will appear.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Is the diesel different? Ours throws the light every 12 months without fail even if the car has barely moved (it's done 13k in 2.5 years).
              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

The service schedules has changed through the years to find yours have a peek in the maintenance supplement that came with the handbook or ask at a citroen dealer. They should be able to tell you over the phone.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                X