DS3 Cabrio 16 plate - Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Cabrio 16 plate - Service

I bought my car brand new 5th Aug 16 it was registered in March 16. so it's a Pre-registered
    I've had an email from the garage where I purchased it saying it's due a service.
    My question is I've only done 1908 mls do you think it should have a service yet.

Seems a bit early to me. I would've thought it would be after 12 months like most service schedules. Email them back and tell them the mileage and when you got it etc and see what they say - can't hurt
    Last edited by Funky; 31-01-2017, 21:37.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

That's a good idea I'll do that, Thank you Funky

Comment

No probs. Keep us posted with what they say.

Comment

If you look in your "Maintenance & Warranty Guide" you'll see the service recommendations. It may have changed since 2010, when I bought my car, but for mine it was due an annual service after 12 months, but that's not mandatory & doesn't affect the warranty. A routine service is compulsory every two years to meet the conditions of the warranty.

The service intervals will be timed from the date of registration, so for yours it will be from March.

Comment

I spoke to the garage & they said it needs a 12 month service to keep it's warranty. They said seeing it was pre-registered & I'd only had it 6 months & done under 2000 miles I could have just the (oil & air filter service which is much cheaper) and that will keep the warranty. They probably won't do anything to it, I think it's a money maker really.

Comment

Take a look at your Maintenance & Warranty Guide, page 21.

Mine says:

"Having the routine services carried out is a compulsory requirement to meet the conditions of the manufacturer's warranty.

The annual services are a recommendation from the manufacturer for vehicles that do not cover the the mileage between two routine services within a year, but are not compulsory."

Annual services are the ones in grey, routine services the orange ones.

The annual service does not include an oil change & the air filter doesn't need changing until 40,000 miles for petrol, 37,500 for diesel.

Of course, as I said in my previous post, the requirements may have changed since 2010,

Comment

If it's to keep your warranty validated, then I would do it anyway. It should just need a interim service going off the mileage and period you have been driving it. Get a price and ask what needs to be done, but I would get it done. What you don't want is if something more serious was to go wrong in the future and you take it back to get looked at under warranty and they say No coz you didn't get your service as required and so it has voided your warranty. It could be costly. Does that make sense? I know it seems pointless and yeah it does smack of money grabbing by the dealer, but it will probably be worth it in the long run anyway and with it being 12 months old in March, despite you only getting it in August, it will need one next month to keep your warranty.
                Last edited by Funky; 08-02-2017, 12:47.

Comment

Your car was registered in March 2016 which mean that it is coming up to 12 months old and thus will require a service as laid down in the warranty guidelines.

You should have been given a sheet on handover which will have highlighted the service intervals for you.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                  X