• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connects power lead to the battery direct HELP Plz

Hi all

I have a problem to resolve can anyone help with this

I am amateur radio operator.

The problem is I can NOT find away through the bulkhead to connects power lead to the battery direct?

I do not want to connect to the fuse box or amywhere else but direct, just to STOPPED RF hitting the ECU.

I have been to my local Citroen Garage and they said they will not help. they said didn't like the idea of me put the radio in the car.

In time I would like to add my 1500w Amp to the battery direct too.

If anyone can help with this would be grateful instructions or photos

Thank ALL

Hey,

If I am understanding what your asking correct when I needed to get from my battery to inside the car for my main power cable to my amp I went through the washer cable grommet.

As you will find in more detail in this thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hout-Connects2

As another forum member suggested though you are better off removing the footwell light clips on the drivers side and looking up to find the grommet and pull it out and then going back to the bonnet in order to find the hole and push your cable through.

Regards,
    Berch

Comment

This is the power lead I need to get direct to the battery

The lead is about 5 foot long

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010094.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	360892

Is there a shorter route to the battery

Comment

Originally posted by iowtheme View Post
        This is the power lead I need to get direct to the battery

The lead is about 5 foot long

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13851[/ATTACH]

Is there a shorter route to the battery
        Wow, that's a pretty short lead, you may want to think about getting another lead otherwise you may have to drill your own hole in order to get a much more direct route for your cable to reach, unless there is another hole or route someone may know off, but usually they are very difficult to get to. As I say, a longer lead would likely be your easiest bet.

Regards,
        Berch

Comment

I'd say 5" was enough to the battery? Mine (in the thread) goes over to the drivers side as it then runs along inside the trim to where my sub is located in the boot.

But if you went to the left and down that side then 5" would be plenty I'd say?
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
          X