Rear Bumper warping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper warping

i have a rear cumper that has warped slightly over time just below the fuel filler cap, has anyone else had this issue? how have they resolved it? ive tried a heat gun but cant get it to set back in to a origianl sort of shape, any help greatly appreciated

Not that I'be heard of before?

Can you post a picture of it? Would the hot water trick work? Similar to the heat gun option I guess

My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I can help with the photo..I wouldn't say it was over time it was a crap fit from the factory.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	360898

This is the drivers side but rest assured the passenger side is just as as bad.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Ah, so coming away not changing shape.

Replacing the clips might work?
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Can't speak for op as this is our bundle of joy but ours has literally always been like that. I wouldn't say it was coming away as its solidly attached on both sides it just plain doesn't fit, same where the front wings meet the bumper as well though that's the other way round so the metal work sits proud of the bumper at the front.

It's never been in a shunt (arrived with 4 miles on the clock and I spotted it on the delivery walk around) it's just all over the place. Perhaps there is adjustment but lease company wouldn't be too happy if I start dismantling their car. Only posting about it cos ops' issue reminded me.
          Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
          Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
          X