wind noise and door seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wind noise and door seal

Hi all, looking for some advice. I've got the standard DSport+ 120 vti (13 plate), had it for around 6 months and no major issues, its been very nice to drive. But recently after a trip to Leeds I noticed the passenger door has quite a lot of wind noise.

I read up on some older posts about the same kind of issues, then proceeded to actually have a look at the door seals. This is where I am looking for some advice, the seals to me look weird however I'm no car man so I literally don't know if they look damaged or fine. I've attached two pictures which show what I mean.

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Calvin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	368353
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0570.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	368354

Hi, looks like they've just folded under themselves. Give them a poke or run a butter knife with a cloth over it gently under the seal to flip it all back out to where it should be sitting.

If the wind noise is getting too much, maybe some wind deflectors would help. You can get official ones with special discount here
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

you won't even need to use an implement. just pull them out at the bottom with your finger and they'll ping out. or if you have to, use a credit card
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

That's fairly common & won't be contributing to wind noise. This may sound silly, but the first thing to check is that the window is fully closed!

On your drive to Leeds was there a strong cross wind? Driving under such conditions is the only time I notice any wind noise.

Comment

There seems to be an issue with the window seal (not the door seal). After reading on here about it some time ago, I fixed the wind noise on my driver's side window by doing this:-

Open the window fully, make sure the front edge seal (the bit with the groove that the front edge of the wndow slides up and down) is properly seated in the door frame - just press lightly up the whole length of the seal in turn. I didn't notice any movement when I did mine, but it still made a difference, then close the window.

It worked on mine - might be worth giving it a go?
          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response. I will wait for storm Doris to pass and then do as suggested. I was thinking of getting some wind deflectors since it has been mentioned in the past. I was just worried about the way the door seal looks but I guess I didn't need too lol.

Anyway I will do as you's have suggested with the door seal and also window then report back with an update.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Comment

I agree with what Bryn said and will add a note about wind deflectors. I've got GS wind deflectors on mine and they tended to come loose and add to the wind whistle so a couple of weeks ago I removed them and put a bead of silicone across the top, refitted them and wedged them in nice and tight until the silicone was dry. Until today, I haven't been out in my car and hadn't given the deflectors any thought. However, driving along a fast road it suddenly occurred to me that the car was noticeably quieter in the wind whistle department. So, from my personal experience I'd definitely recommend wind deflectors that either are a very good fit or aided with a bit of silicone. Just my tuppence worth and I hope you solve your issue.
              "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Working...
              X