Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear 2 ...... a bit naff

So yeah,

Picked up a dsport + the other day. Pleasently surprised by the nice turbo kick from 3rd upwards (and the mpg). Gear 2 however seems a bit naff, it seems to pick up speed well but I don't get that torque pulling feel from it. Anyone else find this? Have citroen put some sort of safety feature into low end gears?

(Naff is probably not the right word tbf )
    Last edited by Torque plez; 03-03-2017, 19:32.

Overboost only occurs in gears 3+, giving I think an extra 0.2 bar boost or something for 20 seconds when on full throttle.

In my NA engine, gears 1, 2, and to an extent 3 are the only decent ones. 4 and 5 have no poke at all
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I can confirm/agree, 1st and 2nd are both pathetic on diesel variant, 3rd is where it wakes up,
      I think it's been done to protect the gearbox from the torque...

Comment

You haven't said if you have petrol or diesel DSport, if it's petrol, 2nd has plenty of kick, if yours doesn't then I'd get it checked. Not sure on diesel, it's been a while since I've driven one.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

It's petrol m8. I would expect torque to be higher in gears 1 and 2 but it feels weaker.

Any idea what to look at first?

Comment

1st and 2nd gear on my 110 hdi were lackless in power I found so got a remap at Jamie's SP Tuning, alot better since then.

Comment

1st and 2nd gear are 'boost limited' so your not getting full power until 3rd, although I don't know whats 'naff' for you...
              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Ah that will explain it. Naff was too strong a word.

Comment

Can the boost limiter not be removed Jamie?
                  On my Celica gt4 , 1st was boost limited from factory but it could easily be removed

Comment

Best advice would be to see if you can drive another car to compare, that will at least you know if there is a problem or not.
                    Last edited by Bigfeet; 07-03-2017, 09:14.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

To be fair, 1st and 2nd are important gears for pulling away from junctions etc. 2nd especially for rolling up to roundabouts etc. I love a good 2nd gear pull out of a roundabout.
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Remembered this thread from a while ago, might have some extra info in that might help?

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....r-ratios-speed
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Numbers don't compute with me
                          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...
                          X