Thinking of buying..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying..

I would welcome you help. My wife and I went into a car dealer and selling several makes of cars. We loved the look of the DS3 and at a reasonable price. Its a E-HDI DSTYLE PLUS 90 BHP.
    I have never owned an Citroen before but my sister loves them and had 6 or more. You can tell I have a little brand switch shock as I thought I would never own a Citroen but we are seriously considering a car with class and stands out.
    Please would you you give me a heads up on anything to look out for in terms or recalls of anything more general. The DS3 has one previous owner, is a 2013 plare and 15k on the clock.
    Many thanks
    Nigel

With that mileage and being the diesel, think it sounds like a good car , only thing I can say is to check the exhaust bracket seems to go on everyone's motor, normally covered by the warranty

Comment

Yeah the diesel is a really reliable motor, don't see many issues with it here and car forums see ALL the problems usually.

Check alloys for corrosion, usually found around the edges and the centre cap if there is any, often when the kerb has chewed it.

The DStyle Plus is a great model choice though, all the gadgets without the extra insurance cost of the more powerful DSport engine
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

We have the exact model you are looking for, the main issues have been covered by others. Only things I would add are check for bubbling and lifting paint on panels it's not that common but can be a mare to fix so it's better to avoid cars with any sign of it.

Oh and test drive it, the 1.6 diesel and 5 speed box is an acquired taste and not particularly sporty in any way, if you thrash the backside off it then it goes but it's rather noisy and turbo lag is a real thing despite the weeny turbo, long gear ratios do make it worse.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

History, history, history.

Ask to see all the paperwork for the car, low mileage cars always set off my "spider senses".
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by nigpig View Post
            The DS3 has one previous owner, is a 2013 plare and 15k on the clock.
            Did you buy this one?
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
            X