No announcement yet.

Front Wiper motor replacement CITROEN DS3 DSTYLE 2806 1.6 PETROL, 3 Door HATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wiper motor replacement CITROEN DS3 DSTYLE 2806 1.6 PETROL, 3 Door HATCH

Hello I am new to the forum and have owned my DS3 DStyle for a year.
    Front wiper blades have failed completely. Fuse (rear wiper still ok) Took it to local Citroen dealer and they said front wiper motor failed and
    to replace will be around £400 inc VAT and labour. This is very expensive and I am trying to locate a generic
    part or a second hand one. Any advice or help will be much appreciated as we can only drive the car if it is not raining
    and living in the NW of England that is quite rare! I think it is the whole part including linkage etc. Collecting car later (unrepaired needless
    to say

thanks again.

I imagine your best bet would be to trawl ebay for anybody breaking a DS3.

As far as I'm aware the linkage and motor is the same throughout the models.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Although it's only sold as a complete assembly it may be possible to change the motor if you can get hold of a used one. It's reasonable to assume that the assembly used on the DS3 is also used on the C3, which improves your chance of finding a used one; probably used on other Citroens & Peugeots, but as to which, your guess is as good as mine!

Comment

Originally posted by annedonkor View Post
        Any advice or help will be much appreciated as we can only drive the car if it is not raining
        and living in the NW of England that is quite rare!
        thanks again.
        Ughhh! I know!!!

For the meantime, could you apply some Rain X or similar water repellent? It's no replacement but would help you get out if it's another rainy day up North until you source a motor.

There's loads of DS3's on ebay being broken too.

You mention the rear wiper is ok re the fuse, but the front wipers are on a different fuse?

Rear Wiper is F1 under the dash and the Front are F3 under the bonnet
        http://www.autogenius.info/citroen-d...e-box-diagram/
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Also, have you left it a day or two before trying it again? My car had a moment a few years ago, one day - nothing, no wash or wiper, two days later it was ok again..... Could have been a lose fuse, or it was magic.

I know which most would think it is.....

My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Also, have you left it a day or two before trying it again? My car had a moment a few years ago, one day - nothing, no wash or wiper, two days later it was ok again..... Could have been a lose fuse, or it was magic.

I know which most would think it is.....

Wouldn't surprise me at all, WTF. As far as I am concerned, modern cars are powered by witchcraft.
            Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
            X