New Performance line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Performance line

The sport plus has been traded in for a new diesel Performance Line which I'm collecting next Saturday. Anyone drive the 100 bhp engine?

It's a good engine, the gearbox is a little long but that because the car is Euro6 and the change in the gearbox helps the MPG.

You might miss having the 6 speed though.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Performance line:
      - diesel
      - 5 speed

Joking aside what's the 0-60 on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Torque plez View Post
        Performance line:
        - diesel
        - 5 speed

Joking aside what's the 0-60 on it?

Where's the joke?

From looking online the BlueHDi 100 gets

0-60mph
        10.8 secs
        Top speed
        117 mph
        Tank Range
        913 miles
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Wow that tank range is double what I get!

Also performance line =/= performance. It's the gadgets and looks without the speed.
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Why are they calling it a performance line? It should be economy line.

Comment

Why are they calling it a performance line? It should be economy line.
              Because it comes with some of the trim detailing on the Performance. This being a line inspired by the motor sport division

For DS Automobiles, the last year has been all about performance. DS Virgin Racing reached the podium in its first Formula E season by winning the Buenos Aires E-prix and repeatedly finishing in the points or starting at the front of the grid throughout the 2015/2016 campaign.

Now, with the introduction of the DS Performance Line, the brand’s engineers and designers – along with the DS Performance motor sport division – have utilised their know-how to create this new offering.

DS Automobiles has just announced the creation of their motor sport division DS Performance, based at the future PSA Excellence Center in Satory.
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I bought the diesel for economy as I'm doing £200 a month on fuel sometimes. I will miss the 6 speed gearbox yes and a couple of other gadgets but overall the fuel economy was the biggest selling point.

Comment

They've forgot to transfer some performance into the engine dough. Am I missing something? It's 2017 and the brands "performance" line consists of a 5 speed diesel with a 0-60 of almost 11 seconds.

Comment

They've forgot to transfer some performance into the engine dough. Am I missing something? It's 2017 and the brands "performance" line consists of a 5 speed diesel with a 0-60 of almost 11 seconds.
                    Yep, you are. The name isn't a summary of the car nor the representation of the the 'performance' As I've detailed, it encapsulates the branding - DS Performance, which is the motor sport division.

Enrolled in the FIA Formula E Championship under partnership with Virgin Racing, DS Automobiles created in August 2015 its motorsport division, DS Performance. Xavier Mestelan Pinon is appointed head of DS Performance starting from 1 January 2016.

You can buy a DS Performance, this is the 210 with all the kit

DS Performance - Sport division
                    Performance Line - A line based on the branding with extra trim
                    DS 3 Performance - Top spec DS3
                    DS 3 Performance Black - Top spec DS3 special paint combination and trim

Engine on the Perfomance
                    1598cc 16v turbo 4-cyl, 205bhp @ 6000rpm, 221lb ft @ 3000rpm
                    Transmission:
                    six-speed manual, front-wheel drive with LSD
                    Performance:
                    6.5sec 0-62mph, 143mph, 52.3mpg, 125g/km CO2

http://www.car-configurator.citroen.co.uk/DS-3/3-door
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Think Audi S-line, similar idea where the cars are "jazzed" up to appeal to blokes but the engines remain pretty much standard.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        Think Audi S-line, similar idea where the cars are "jazzed" up to appeal to blokes but the engines remain pretty much standard.
                        I think it's unfair to play it down. And of course, it's only blokes who prefer trim extra's........

When you can go from this 'Elegance'

To this Performance Line within a similar price band.

When you don't need more from an engine other than economy and you get more style, it's a no brainer.
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just reiterating my point above:

PERFORMANCE - 1.6 petrol turbo 210 PS engine, bucket seats, LSD, short ratio gearbox, etc.

Performance LINE - unique styling inside and out, cheaper to run engine in 1.2 petrol turbo or 1.6 diesel.

I somewhat agree it should have a different name, but the marketing strategy works in almost every other car manufacturer from Mercedes AMG Line even down to Kia GT Line. It's not claiming to have performance, it's just inspired by the brand's top models to bring you an economical alternative to sticking all the optional extras on the base model, and have some visual difference to said base model.
                          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Racecar-Sandwich-Fun-Sandwich-Ideas-for-Kids.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	360981
                            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Thanks for your replies! My racing days are over, I'm at tjat age where mpg is more important than mph. I'll post some pictures and let you know how it feels

Comment

Working...
                              X