Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiences with EAT6 Automatic Gearbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with EAT6 Automatic Gearbox?

I've had my Ds3 for 4 weeks and have been experiencing a few problems, well I think they are problems, with the EAT6 gearbox.

It mainly concerns changing up too soon and being slow to change down.

A few examples:

Entering quite sharp bends, never drops below 5th so when I'm accelerating out of the bend there's no power, the engine feels like it's labouring and you have to wait until the speed slowly picks up.

Turning off a main road onto a left hand side street never drops below 3rd and if the side street happens to be an up hill slope and trying to acelerate, same happens, labouring engine and you have to wait for the spped to pick up.

Finally and probably the worst, Can take up to 3 seconds to go into 1st when waiting at a junction perhaps waiting to pull out into traffic.

I do a risk assessment depending on the level of traffic, do I pull off in 2nd or wait for 1st?

I've had several cars with conventional and semi automatic but this is something different.

I can understand the quick change up and stay in highest gear possible for economy.

I've tried the sport mode option but this is exactly the opposite problem and the slow 1st gear problem persists.

So does other people's EAT6 do this?

Thought I'd get other peoples experiences before consulting my dealer.

I'd welcome any comments.

Incidentally, where's the edit function?

Comment

Afraid I don't have an automatic but the edit function is only available to paid members.
      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Hi Mike,

Mine definitely doesn't exhibit these characteristics. I think you should query it with your dealer as mine always seems to choose the right gear when slowing at a roundabout or to make a turn.

Comment

Never had a DS3 auto but I would agree with DarthVader that this doesn't sound right and needs the Citroen dealer to look at it. Years ago my mate had an auto car that allowed some adjustment to the gearbox, not sure if this is still possible either mechanically or via a laptop

Good luck
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X