Sun strips and plod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun strips and plod

Anyone had any problems fitting sun strips with the plod or Mot?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it will fail the MOT if the wipers can touch it. Not sure if there's a specific law too.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

How big are you intending the sun strip to be ? WTF has one on hers and I don't believe she's had any issues
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Pretty sure it will fail the MOT if the wipers can touch it. Not sure if there's a specific law too.
        Not true, mine gets hit by the wipers and is still about 5cm away from the rain sensor in the middle and has passed the MOT like it.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Pic for reference, larger than WTF's at the corners. Doesn't hinder vision unless you're at a set of traffic lights which is stupidly close to the stop line (only one on my daily commute). Plus a lot safer when you don't have sun glare in your eyes, as the sun visors in the car don't cover much area on the edges or centre.

Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            Not true, mine gets hit by the wipers and is still about 5cm away from the rain sensor in the middle and has passed the MOT like it.
            Mine passed it's MOT recently also

But re your other Question Smithy, never had the Police stop me for it. And like Ben's DS3, I stand out a bt
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys/gals, now just to find a plain black pre cut...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy225 View Post
                Thanks for all your help guys/gals, now just to find a plain black pre cut...
                Boring!!! Only joking, check out http://street-race.org/, they have plain pre-cut ones at a good price. Although for the application you'll need them curved side up rather than the curved side down shown in the pictures, as the DS3's windscreen is super-curved.
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                X