ECP discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECP discount

Just seen ECP have a sale on oil this weekend. Has anyone used their oils in diesel ds3's?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

ECP have a sale almost every week, they sell only branded oil so as long as the spec matches that of your DS3 then you'll be fine.

A tip - if you ever buy a fuel/oil/cabin filter, and you haven't take your old one off to check the size/type, buy 1 of each size/variation so when you do the service you have the correct one to hand.

The ones you don't use, just return for a refund: I always do this now, saves starting a service and then finding out you have the wrong fitting oil filer etc.!?

Comment

Originally posted by eddiemunster View Post
      ECP have a sale almost every week, they sell only branded oil so as long as the spec matches that of your DS3 then you'll be fine.

A tip - if you ever buy a fuel/oil/cabin filter, and you haven't take your old one off to check the size/type, buy 1 of each size/variation so when you do the service you have the correct one to hand.

The ones you don't use, just return for a refund: I always do this now, saves starting a service and then finding out you have the wrong fitting oil filer etc.!?
      My tip - buy the right parts the first time. It doesn't take a genius to find out the correct parts in the year 2017
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        My tip - buy the right parts the first time. It doesn't take a genius to find out the correct parts in the year 2017
        There are 2 different oil filters, 2 different fuel filters and several combinations of cabin/pollen filters: you could always take the oil/fuel filters off before you order, or you can order both and save time.

Comment

Or just order the right stuff.

Comment

Or just order the right stuff.
            If it's still fitted to the car, like a fuel filter, how are you supposed to know: there's a water and non-water type, the fittings of which you can't see until you have the item in your hands?

What a great advert for this forum: chastise and patronise, but without the benefit of the facts.

Comment

It does not take any of that to pick up a phone and call citroen and get the part numbers.

Comment

It does not take any of that to pick up a phone and call citroen and get the part numbers.
                Unfortunately it isn't that easy, there are 2 oil and 2 fuel filters for the same year build, and as you know the build and registration date can easily be a year apart. I don't use Citroen for the very reason you've mentioned, namely that they supplied the wrong fuel filter, which I didn't realise until the item was off the car: I'm lucky enough to have a van too, so I could drive back to Citroen, but only to find that was the only filter they had in stock until after the weekend.

Comment

Surely the parts supplier, be it Citroen or another, can look up the correct part for you when you are buying though...
                  I can go to my local parts shop and they'll check I've got the right part using the vin or registration number even if they and I both know the part number by heart!
                  Cyclone's point I'm sure, is just that it is easier to check first, rather than order two of everything then have to mess around sending stuff back, getting a refund etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tch View Post
                    Surely the parts supplier, be it Citroen or another, can look up the correct part for you when you are buying though...
                    You'd like to think so, but o, the system isn't that granular enough, even the parts schematic at Citroen showed the wrong fuel filter fitted to my DS3 (with a caveat list showing alternatives).

I literally have the tensioner pulley off my DS3 this very second, an hour to strip it down: imagine finding you have the single bolt instead of the 3 screw version, you'd be fitting it all back together, driving back to the supplier, swapping it over, driving back, stripping it back down, fitting the new pulley, putting it back together: you've done the job twice, and wasted a few hours going to and fro to get the right part.

As it turns out, I bought both so I'm only doing the job once. ECP is 10 minutes from me, what I've spent in fuel going to/forth to return parts I've saved 1000-fold in being given the wrong parts and having to stop a job half-way through.

Comment

Fair enough then, sounds like the old 'once bitten twice shy' dilemma.

Comment

Yeah, and whilst you can mitigate the risk by buying genuine only parts, the results are better but not totally infallible. One of the "wrong" oil filters is the correct thread/aperture, but it fouls the side of bottom cover and it looks as though someone has already made that mistake as I've had to fix the clips where the bulge has forced them loose.

Comment

Working...
                        X