Moving on to Astra 2.0 CDTI 165bhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on to Astra 2.0 CDTI 165bhp

Very happy with my 2013 110 DS3 with 27K, until Arnold Clark got in touch and said take a test drive from April 21st to 24th and get a free 4 star hotel stay for the night https://www.arnoldclark.com/drive-th...oogle.co.uk%2F
    They said come down now and we will give you a voucher anyway, so took a 1.6 Petrol fully loaded special edition Astra out, flat as a fart ! I said I need power, OK try this a 2015 Astra 2.0 cdti SRI Ecoflex 165bhp with 21K, it doesnt have the narrow power band that the DS3 has, so no kick in the pants, but it has a broader smoother power spread, you dont realise your going as fast or faster than the DS3, mpg is a lot better to
    So my car is on pcp and to hand it back would cost £338 as its not worth trading it in, Arnold Clark said no probs we will write you a cheque for £338 to send to the finance to settle !! ( not added to the pcp deal b4 you ask )
    Payments are exactly the same to !
    Very glad I went to visit Arnold Clark with their guaranteed price match.

As Opel now belongs to PSA you stay within family.
    Have a lot of fun with this stepbrother of the DS3.

Comment

Bigger step brother

Comment

That's what I had before I changed to the DS3. Although the THP is supposed to be about a second quicker, I remember thinking the Astra felt quicker. Personally, I'd be happy with another Astra of the same spec although I'd go for the GTC model because I think they're a really nice looking car. You'll definitely notice a difference in the amount of storage points available. I miss my sunglasses holder.
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Make sure to post some pics when you get it! exceptional customer service from Arnold Clark too!

Comment

I traded in my 2007 2.0 CDTi 150bhp Astra Sportback for the DS3, I kinda felt flat when driving it so it sounds like Opel have improved the later models
            sigpic

Comment

Nice one OP. So long as your happy

looking at chopping mine in at end of year to have a change, was thinking Focus RS or Pug 208 (i think) gti.
              will take a look at the latest Astra offering

not a diesel i hasten to add ;-)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Focus RS all the way. Ford can build a performance car.

Comment

Originally posted by AJD88 View Post
                  Focus RS all the way. Ford can build a performance car.
                  Possibly, but seem to like French ... :-)

Performance Black DS3 not off the agenda either, but maybe pricy for what it is?
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    Performance Black DS3 not off the agenda either, but maybe pricy for what it is?
                    Is it not similar in price to the 208GTi "by PeugeotSport" - as it has a fancy body/paintjob and proper bucket seats?
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

If you want the RS is there a waiting list Chris ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        If you want the RS is there a waiting list Chris ?
                        Havent got that far- happy to wait 4 - 6 month- maybe new 18 plate. Thanks for the tip, will look into it
                        could get a used one i spose... lees than 12 month

sorry for off topic OP' er
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks guys, Im now looking at the German RaceChip tuningbox @£109 and boasting 197BHP at its base setting, but can be tweaked to about 210bhp. I went out in one tonight and there is no turbo lag at all and instant boost.

Comment

That sounds impressive - when ST Tuning remapped my eHDi it went to 165ish bhp but was tripping all sorts of ECU warnings, Jamie said if I lived closer he'd be able to map those out but as I don't I settled for the normal 145bhp for trouble free driving.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had a mapped astra sri previously, pushing around 200 brake, thing was great fun. Using stock componants right up until I sold it at 85000 miles. Only issue was new brake callipers around 80000 miles in, so yeah definitely get that tuning box sorted lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X