Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting DS3 back to scratch for summer, Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting DS3 back to scratch for summer, Questions?

Hi few questions to get my DS3 looking good again for summer.

1- Can anyone recommend a decent alloy wheel cleaner thats a reasonable price, tried a few now but none are cutting it when it comes to the diamond cut parts of the wheel?

2- Has anyone elses black vinyl? pillars and window surrounds gone patchy? not sure how this has happened but noting seems to bring them back. Think they need replacing, any idea where i can get theses and how much? Cant seem to find any.

3- Has anyones metal black wiper arms gone off colour and showing what looks like white undercoat dots? anything that will sort this or do i need to replace or maaybe try respraying?

4- Been trying to bring the chrome door strips back to life, any recommendations.

Thanks

Originally posted by HickoryDS View Post

4- Been trying to bring the chrome door strips back to life, any recommendations.

Thanks
    Not very technical but I use spray window cleaner on mine. Any make from the supermarket. Brings 'em up shiny!
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
      Not very technical but I use spray window cleaner on mine. Any make from the supermarket. Brings 'em up shiny!
      Thanks, il give that a go. Iv used chrome polish and brass polish before but they are kinda pitted still.

Comment

Thanks, il give that a go. Iv used chrome polish and brass polish before but they are kinda pitted still.
        Probably won't help with pitting.
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Hi few questions to get my DS3 looking good again for summer.

1- Can anyone recommend a decent alloy wheel cleaner thats a reasonable price, tried a few now but none are cutting it when it comes to the diamond cut parts of the wheel?

2- Has anyone elses black vinyl? pillars and window surrounds gone patchy? not sure how this has happened but noting seems to bring them back. Think they need replacing, any idea where i can get theses and how much? Cant seem to find any.

3- Has anyones metal black wiper arms gone off colour and showing what looks like white undercoat dots? anything that will sort this or do i need to replace or maaybe try respraying?

Thanks
          1. Bilt Hamber Auto wheel cleaner works great, just brought up my alloys really well with only a little effort http://amzn.eu/fK1KJDC

2. Try Auto glym bumber trim gel, been using on my black plastics for ages, really brings them back to black with any black dye. http://amzn.eu/1u1wPbx

3. Yep, mine are like that, try the bumber gel at first - I would of thought a simple respray would work on them though.

4. Pretty sure those chrome strips are just plastic... Think its just a replace job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
            Probably won't help with pitting.
            I say pitted, it looks like water droplet marks dried on, but stubborn lol

Comment

Originally posted by Syops View Post
              1. Bilt Hamber Auto wheel cleaner works great, just brought up my alloys really well with only a little effort http://amzn.eu/fK1KJDC

2. Try Auto glym bumber trim gel, been using on my black plastics for ages, really brings them back to black with any black dye. http://amzn.eu/1u1wPbx

3. Yep, mine are like that, try the bumber gel at first - I would of thought a simple respray would work on them though.

4. Pretty sure those chrome strips are just plastic... Think its just a replace job.
              Thanks, il have a look at those bits, sounds good, il try anything on the trim instead of having to replace.

Strange how the wiper arms go like that, never had that on any other car. Just dont want to make them look worse by respraying if they go flakey.

Comment

Thanks, il have a look at those bits, sounds good, il try anything on the trim instead of having to replace.

Strange how the wiper arms go like that, never had that on any other car. Just dont want to make them look worse by respraying if they go flakey.
                I thought it was overspray on mine from a previous paint job... So good thing you mentioned it, as it sounds like it's a wear thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Syops;240297]I thought it was overspray on mine from a previous paint job... So good thing you mentioned it, as it sounds like it's a wear thing.

Oh really, yeah i never noticed it on mine when i bought the car just over 2 years ago and i would have thought i would have but only noticed it more recently so must be a wear thing.

Comment

I say pitted, it looks like water droplet marks dried on, but stubborn lol
                    This chrome seems to be a metal coating on plastic as it tarnishs like real chrome plating.

Got mine sparkling again with autoglym super resin polish and a bit elbow grease after it took quite a beating with all the salt during winter time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                      This chrome seems to be a metal coating on plastic as it tarnishs like real chrome plating.

Got mine sparkling again with autoglym super resin polish and a bit elbow grease after it took quite a beating with all the salt during winter time.

Thanks, il have to try that then

Comment

For the chrome baguettes try autoglym super resin polish, brings them up like new

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X