Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination

Has anyone ever VT their finance contract? Has it effected your credit rating? And do the finance company go over the car with a fine tooth comb?

Yes, sort of, yes.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      Yes, sort of, yes.
      Could you explain a little more Bigfeet? Reading online is a bit of a melt, some places say it doesn't effect credit rating, others do. Will it effect future car finance and not the likes of a mortgage?

Comment

Yes I have VT'd finance on my old car.

Regarding credit rating - no one can really say. I was advised that it may do, it may not do. I think there are a number of factors involved, the finance was under my dad's name of the car I VT'd and it didn't affect him as far as getting another car was concerned.

Again, with damage it depends on who they send it to. Mine was sent to an Auction yard to be valued and they look at it from a distance to see any obvious damages. I had some door dings rectified (very badly, may I add - colour didn't even bloody match) and curb rash sorted (again, terribly. colour didn't match and looked like it was just piled on top of the wheel without being smoothed in) and I didn't have any issue about it at all.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Its my alloys that concern me, they're so badly corroded and Citroen wouldn't replace them. Would I be charged for that? Don't really see why I should as its not my fault they corroded in the first place but I know finance companies don't look at it like that.

Comment

My dealer replaced three of my bellone alloys that had centre cap corrosion on them (over the space of 2 years). They had no issues as the wheels weren't damaged in anyway and they admitted that there is an issue with the integrity of the diamond cut finishes. I suspect that corrosion will be an issue if you VT

Apologies Shauna as I should remember why they turned yours down ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
              Could you explain a little more Bigfeet? Reading online is a bit of a melt, some places say it doesn't effect credit rating, others do. Will it effect future car finance and not the likes of a mortgage?
              Sorry had someone come in while I was composing so ended up cutting it short!

When you VT your credit report will state that the agreement was "voluntary settled" or something to that effect, now this should have no bearing on getting credit in the future but if a decision goes to an underwriter they may take that information into account. What you need to know is that a VT costs the finance company everytime and if you become a serial VT'er you will end up becoming less desirable.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                My dealer replaced three of my bellone alloys that had centre cap corrosion on them (over the space of 2 years). They had no issues as the wheels weren't damaged in anyway and they admitted that there is an issue with the integrity of the diamond cut finishes. I suspect that corrosion will be an issue if you VT

Apologies Shauna as I should remember why they turned yours down ?
                Turned them down due to kerbing, if I had known that corrosion was such an issue with the bellone's, I'd have had the dealership replace them before I bought the car but I didn't know and I didn't think a bit of kerbing on a used car was a big deal

Comment

Hi. I've VT'd twice. Neither time would appear to have affected my credit rating to any great extent.
                  With respect to inspecting the car...that was done by an independent company who came out and went over everything in
                  detail...listing all areas of damage etc. Obviously there is an allowance made for "fair wear and tear". From experience I
                  would expect your alloys to not fall into that category if they have been kerbed and they would apply a charge for
                  repair. It'll likely be significantly cheaper to have them refurbished prior to the VT. I hope this helps.

Comment

No longer an owner of a DS3! I wrote a formal complaint to my finance company and they asked if I would make an appointment with the dealership I purchased the car from to try and get the issue resolved to my satisfaction. 5 minutes into the interview, they offered to clear my finance for me and have apologised profusely for the issues I've had. Delighted with the outcome

Comment

Meeting* not interview lol.

Comment

Fantastic news!! What you getting next??
                        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                          Fantastic news!! What you getting next??
                          Absolutely no idea!! lol had been looking at Golf's, Mini's & A3's. Need to have a few test drives and see who gives me the best deal

Comment

Not a better spec DS3? Performance? Ultra Prestige? DSport+?
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
                              Absolutely no idea!! lol had been looking at Golf's, Mini's & A3's. Need to have a few test drives and see who gives me the best deal
                              Just remember the Mini Cooper S shares the same THP engine as our DS3s (with slightly better parts). I'm sure you don't want more DS3 drama haunting your new car!
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                              X