Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Warranty - worth it?

Hi guys,

We bought our DS3 last year, '13 plate DSport Plus and I absolutely love it (2nd DSport I've had). It came with a 12 month warranty which expires on 15th July and I've just received a letter about extending it for a further 12 months for £27 a month or £30.90 including Citroen Assist.

I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on whether they think the extended warranty's are worth it?

If it's a diesel DSport, probably no need, but it's so cheap why not?

Petrol.... yup get it right away.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      If it's a diesel DSport, probably no need, but it's so cheap why not?

Petrol.... yup get it right away.
      It's a petrol. I've heard they have problems, what are the main things I need to be looking out for with the petrol?

Comment

Keep it serviced with walnut blasts (you must have heard about this on the forum already) and regular oil changes.

HPFP may go, characterised by rough cold start idle and hesitation/lack of power under acceleration.

Your 2013 model shouldn't have timing chain issues, but when walnut blasting, get the cams realigned too to prevent misfires developing from slipping valve timing.

That's the main ones really. But better to be safe and get the warranty in case anything does go wrong.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks for that. Its only on 15k miles so wont need a walnut blast for a while, i may give them a call and see if there's any movement on the price

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's the Citroen warranty (mine was through Pendragon) KEEP IT!

They have fixed all sorts on my diesel! Driverside suspension failed, I paid £40 after they replaced the spring, strut top and drop link. They have fixed an otherwise £500+ bill for a gearbox oil leak and if ever I had issues with Citroen doing the work they quickly chased them up for me.

Comment

On our second year of extended warranty with Citroen assistance now, we did consider not renewing in January this year but glad we did as a front suspension spring snapped in April, the AA came to our house made a temporary repair then followed me to my choice of dealership for repair, he then took me to enterprise and arranged a hire car, the car was fitted with a new spring and was back with me the following day. A great service and worth the warranty fee.

Comment

Went for it in the end, £300 Incl. Citroën Assist seemed reasonable for the peace of mind

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X