24 hours later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours later

Well folks.....after owning the car for 24 hours I can truely say that I am very very happy with the way it runs and drives and its overall build quality. I wont bore you suffice to say that the only thing that I am not happy with is the level of road roar from the tyres when travelling over "non smooth" tarmac. Its a bit loud but then tyres can be changed!!

The car (110 HDI) is fast and nippy and it gets you to 70mph way too quick and as the car is so stable it doesnt even feel like 70 mph. I have had it 24 hours and it has already covered over 300 miles!!! Very enjoyable miles I may add. Also the fuel economy is very good. I would say that I am averaging 100 miles on £10 of fuel at todays prices too!.

BTW does anybody know how to cange the oil on one of these. I have not looked yet but I know the undertay needs to come off I think. I drove the car like I stole it so it needs a change now and it really has loosened up and feels very strong and sporty. Glad I didn't run it in like a granny.

Anyway GTG......hope this has been of interest to somebody!! Saw a yellow DS3 with white roof near St Andrews yesterday!

Hi Ken.....

Think you will find the opinion on here is no need for an early oil change.
    Glad you are enjoying it

Jimbob

Comment

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. As James said there will be absolutely no need to change the oil just yet xD

You can see the oil cap on top of the engine if you pop the bonnet for a top up. Not sure about emptying it though.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I had my air filters and oil changed once I had my car a year and they were still perfecto
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Glad to hear you're enjoying it. As James said there will be absolutely no need to change the oil just yet xD

You can see the oil cap on top of the engine if you pop the bonnet for a top up. Not sure about emptying it though.
          I believe there are some "garages" that use a suction device to remove the oil via the dipstick tube.

Comment

Yeah appreciate the advice on "no oil" change but if you saw the way I drove it for the first 30 miles, you may think otherwise hehehehehe

Comment

Even If You Pushed It As Hard As You Can Everywhere And Proper Ragged It I Don't See Why It Would Need An Actual Oil Change ?

Maybe A Top-Up Yes, But A Full Change ?

Comment

If there was any swarf from a new engine, it would be caught and kept in the oil filter. If you get really worried just drop a big magnet through the oil filler cap

(dont really lol)

Comment

Working...
                X