MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG

Ive recently purchased a DS3 Puretech elegance automatic 66 reg. i was told to expect around 50-60 mpg
    But its only registering 29mpg. Can anyone help, im frustrated and disappointed

Far too many variables to determine if what you're getting is good or bad with the little information you've provided.

Where are you, what type journeys, how do you drive, is it stop start traffic either due to traffic or junctions and so on and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Briggsy View Post
      Far too many variables to determine if what you're getting is good or bad with the little information you've provided.

Where are you, what type journeys, how do you drive, is it stop start traffic either due to traffic or junctions and so on and so on.
      +1 to that. Short town journeys in traffic will net you low MPG.

The stated figures are always at 56mph in the highest gear under test conditions, i.e. no real wind, completely flat and smooth road, etc.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

If's it's brand new, average is always going to be low until you click a few

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments, I do a lot of short trips so it's understandable that I won't get mpg that I'd like to. Love the car tho
          Last edited by Juke; 03-07-2017, 19:43. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            +1 to that. Short town journeys in traffic will net you low MPG.

The stated figures are always at 56mph in the highest gear under test conditions, i.e. no real wind, completely flat and smooth road, etc.
            http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/the-fu...ing-scheme.asp
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Juke View Post
              Ive recently purchased a DS3 Puretech elegance automatic 66 reg. i was told to expect around 50-60 mpg
              But its only registering 29mpg. Can anyone help, im frustrated and disappointed
              Never going to happen, who ever told you that was lying.

First things first, no loads in boot? Tyres at correct pressure? Roofbox, bars or cycle carrier on back? These things all cause a drop in MPG.

EAT6 boxes tend to average around 40-45 per gallon, but for the sounds of it you are doing journeys less than 5 minutes? If thats the case then the vehicle is not getting enough time to "warm up" correctly so a drop in MPG is understandable.

Short low geared runs are the cursed enemy of MPG, my Dispatch van does a daily run of 1.4 miles and at best it struggles to do 32 MPG.

What to do is record the litres place between mileages and then compare from a longer highway run the MPG figures, if you are still doing very low MPG then it might be worth having a check up done on the car.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I travel 5 miles to work and back each day. 3 am in the morning through town so some stop start and averaging 42.7mpg.

Comment

Working...
                X