4 year dealership service, anything to ask / look out for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year dealership service, anything to ask / look out for

My local dealership has priced my 4 year service as £189, as part of their fixed price servicing. I did make sure to say it was for its 4 year service (in my service book it has extra bits to replace at 4 years) and they said, yes that's all included in the fixed price servicing.

It seems a great deal, as another price I had was £286.

Now, this would be my first time servicing in a dealership... Is there anything I need to ask or look out for, so I don't get rolled over? (I don't the know dealerships reputation, so I'm assuming they'll be ok until they show me otherwise).

I would be making the point of them not doing anything extra without my say so.

Ta 👍

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They'll be putting their name to the service and presumably it's under warranty so if anything goes wrong it's all on them. I'd not worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Briggsy View Post
      They'll be putting their name to the service and presumably it's under warranty so if anything goes wrong it's all on them. I'd not worry too much.
      It is under warranty, so that's quite a comfort for me against any major problems. I think it should be fine, you for hear horror stories but at the same time you hear people praise their dealership.

Suppose I won't know until I give them the chance to show me how they run...

Comment

It's a bit cheeky but can they do a video walkthrough of the service points showing what needs doing etc.? I've heard of some places doing it, to prove there is actually an issue before they replace something.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
          It's a bit cheeky but can they do a video walkthrough of the service points showing what needs doing etc.? I've heard of some places doing it, to prove there is actually an issue before they replace something.
          I'll give them a go, I'll just have to wait and see. Not booking it in until next month... Will come back to this thread after, just to update 👍

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            Audi do this - I get a video introducing the technician, he does a walk round the car and either says it's all good or if you need something doing they would apparently show you what. You can then text to confirm proceed or not

Luckily I've only had the v short 'all's fine' video to date....
            sigpic

Comment

Okay can I get something off my chest first. Customers are the biggest liars, cheaters and rip off merchants going. There I said it.

Right onto the point at hand, speak with your dealership and ask them for a written quote for the service. All Citroen authorised repairers are linked into the Citroen Network system so they will give you a print off of the required elements as listed by Citroen. That way all the work is pre agreed before anything starts on the car.

If you are "concerned" then make sure you have a walk around the car with an agent to agree the condition of the car and having any marks noted. Ask if the workshop use protective covers (any good workshop will) to make sure the car stays clean, it's alway worth asking if the car will receive a wash.

One last thing is Citroen now runs it's own Trip Advisor thing call Citroen Advisor, go onto the Citroen website and then find your dealer and you will see reviews. If the dealer is not part of the group then ask if they subscribe to Motor Codes, this is an industry standard which incorporates methods, standards and a full regulatory system.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                Okay can I get something off my chest first. Customers are the biggest liars, cheaters and rip off merchants going. There I said it.
                This made me lol, needs to be said though, everyone bitches about dealers but forgets that customers are just as bad (often worse as they have no one holding them to any standards)
                sigpic

Comment

Oh I agree with this sentiment; I would say its the minority of customers, but they tend to be the loud minority. Especially those who preach the "customer is always" right and make demands which are far in excess to a problem being queried (eg. a service over runs its eta for completion by an hour, so they demand it is heavily discounted).

Right onto the point at hand, speak with your dealership and ask them for a written quote for the service. All Citroen authorised repairers are linked into the Citroen Network system so they will give you a print off of the required elements as listed by Citroen. That way all the work is pre agreed before anything starts on the car.
                  That is a good shout, as I'll be sure what is (and isn't) involved in the service; saves confusion based on assumptions.

If you are "concerned" then make sure you have a walk around the car with an agent to agree the condition of the car and having any marks noted. Ask if the workshop use protective covers (any good workshop will) to make sure the car stays clean, it's alway worth asking if the car will receive a wash.
                  I've got no real concerns over the cars condition being affected at the dealership; the only concern I have really is extra work (not costed for) being done without my prior say so. I've always asked this of any mechanic I've used, so not just for this dealership. If the work needs doing and I'm happy with the price they usually get the OK, if the price seems steep it gives me the option to say no while I check prices elsewhere. The concern that prompted my original post was when I was in the dealership for some warranty work, another customer was in complaining that they had billed work he didn't know of or approve prior to it being done.

One last thing is Citroen now runs it's own Trip Advisor thing call Citroen Advisor, go onto the Citroen website and then find your dealer and you will see reviews. If the dealer is not part of the group then ask if they subscribe to Motor Codes, this is an industry standard which incorporates methods, standards and a full regulatory system.
                  I'll have a looksy, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Last time they serviced my car Stoneacre did a short video showing the additional work they were recommending & emailed me a link.

Comment

Working...
                    X