Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspecting a 2nd Hand DS3 for past accident

Hey guys,

I'm considering to buy a 2014 DS3. Price match the conditions, however inspecting the interior I noticed that the rubber that wraps the headline was
    a bit loose/not perfectly put and the panel where the seat belt is mounted (the part where you can read "AIRBAG") wasn't completely sealed/attached to the door frame.
    It has a bit of play, like I could insert my finger between the panel and the frame.

Now probably I'm paranoid, but I'm thinking whether is the sign of a deployed curtain airbag which was (hopefully) changed but headline and panel weren't perfectly
    installed. (May be they are just supposed to be like that)

Of course i inquired why they were like this, he said that assembly in the DS3 is just not perfect. Do you confirm this? I'm not asking to attach a quick pictures of your
    panel/ headline rubber but if you do..well I would love it.

Cars doesn't show sign of accident of course, ID sticker in both dorr windows

Do you confirm the same about the panel?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by DeS3; 14-07-2017, 11:12.

When I owned mine it didn't have that play in the panel or loose rubber trim. There are other reasons why these may have been removed of course
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your reply: do your remember if the panels were sealed to the frame?

Comment

Honestly I don't remember any gaps to the frame - an annoying rattle from the glove box area but no gaps
        sigpic

Comment

Pop the bonnet and have a look at the mounting bolts for the body panels. Are they clean, look scratched, painted over, etc? Have a look at the rubber seal ontop of the firewall, does it look like it has been moved? Check the bonnet hinge bolts, again ant sign they have have been removed at some point.

Take a note of the VIN and phone your local dealer, see if they can confirm any warranty work that would relate to the airbag.

At the end of the day if your "gut feel" isn't right then walk away - plenty more fish in the sea.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X