Stereos ds3 hdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereos ds3 hdi

Hey guys just wondering if there is a way to change a standard single pin stereo to a double pin?? I'm looking at getting a new sound set up but if people could advise would be much appreciated!!

Hey,

Yep this is totally possible, I've done this, you just need to buy a fascia panel kit to convert it over and also a steering wheel kit so that you can keep your steering wheel controls.

Here is some screenshots from a before and after of my car:

Regards,
    Berch

Comment

That exactly what I'm looking to do could you point me in the right direction to get the fascia panel and the steering wheel kit??

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewgilbert93 View Post
        Hey guys just wondering if there is a way to change a standard single pin stereo to a double pin?? I'm looking at getting a new sound set up but if people could advise would be much appreciated!!
        DIN. my friend, DIN not pin

http://www.connects2.co.uk/products/...le/Citroen/DS3
        the adaptors are there also
        Last edited by cyclone; 15-07-2017, 17:23.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Birch that's dope, I want to do that with mine! Following this post for tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Emalou90 View Post
            This is his guide on how to do it: here

Granted it's mainly for wiring in a reverse camera, but the screen install is there too.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewgilbert93 View Post
              That exactly what I'm looking to do could you point me in the right direction to get the fascia panel and the steering wheel kit??
              Sorry for the late reply.

I got this: https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ctkc...tting-kit.html

That includes everything, the fascia kit to convert to double din stereo, steering wheel controls and retaining your reverse sensor on the screen and bleeps if you have them of course.

Originally posted by Emalou90 View Post
              To be honest, doing this was actually really easy, if you get your stereo and kits to keep your steering wheel controls already this can be done in an hour or two. You just need to remove the center console, around the handbrake and gear stick and your arm rest too, all of which is pretty easy, just a few bolts and some torx screws and the rest just pops off. After that the most difficult part is just a bit of patience neatly tucking the wires away and using all the room behind the stereo you can so your not squishing any wires when the newer larger stereo gets placed in and screwed into place.

Other than that it's a nice and relaxed job, even if you haven't done anything like it before.
              Last edited by Berch; 18-07-2017, 10:33.

Comment

Working...
              X