my cabriolet roof stuck open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cabriolet roof stuck open

My roof on my Cabriolet has on 2 occasions froze in the open position ...was told at Garage that it was the software and that the management system loses its memory sometimes.. said it is normal ....any one have any ideas on this problem ty....just worried it will do it again when I'm somewhere remote

Sounds like to me that the anti pinch system has fired on the roof, on the early cars it was a bit over sensitive!

Memory serves we had one which was doing the same thing and their was a IR/TSB for it, have another word with you Citroen/DS dealer.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ty for advice BF......this anti pinch system activates if there is resistance I am assuming ....... my car is 2015 model .....when you say earlier cars you mean before this.... not familiar with IR/TSB .... would be great help if you could explain further ...been here a while but not auto savvy ..thanks for your help

Comment

IR = internal/international recall?

TSB = technical service bulletin?
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Gladiator View Post
          said it is normal ....
          It's not normal, it's a fault. You should be getting better service than that from dealer.

Comment

thanks BenS

Comment

Dave ..all they do is reset it and told me its normal to lose memory .....will reset it if it happens again , but left me in doubt as to opening roof in case it happens somewhere remote and it starts raining...think I will ask them about the sensitivity of this pich system , and if they tested it ..go from there
              ..thanks for input

Comment

Sorry Gladiator!

IR = InfoRapid
                TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

Cabrios were introduced in 2014, the IR/TSB was out no long after that which means a few dealers have come across the same problem in order for Citroen/DS to issue the fix.

It does sound like your current dealer is giving you the run around, I would suggest taking the car elsewhere for a second opinion.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

good idea BF ..think I will do that

Comment

dealer did say they had updated software ...could that be the IR/TSB you talk of BF

Comment

It's not like it ever rains up here in the North, so I'm sure if would be fine open......
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X