Anti freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti freeze

Hi I've just bought an 11 plate 120hp petrol DS3 what a great car.
    It's got a full dealer service history but I've noticed the coolant looks browny so I want to change it. But on enquiring at Euro car parts they said it was waterless coolant? Is this right or can I flush this stuff out and put the red 5 yr coolant in?

Colour doesn't mean anything nowadays. Some people have yellow, some have blue, some have pink. As long as it complies with the manufacturer's spec then it's fine, and if it's had a full dealer service history then it must be fine. Probably just 2 or 3 different colours mixed together.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

There are different types of coolant in use which shouldn't be mixed. The brown colour may be a result of mixing - I'd give it a good flushing out & refill with a coolant to Citroen's spec.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        I'd give it a good flushing out & refill with a coolant to Citroen's spec.
        Surely if it's been serviced by Citroen technicians every time then they would have picked up on it if it was bad?
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hi
          Just to confirm a 5yr coolant is fine to go in? After a flush not just waterless?

I'm not convinced by dealer histories really my experience is they only do the minimum. Infact I have friends who have bought cars with full history at 5 yrs old and the only thing changed was the oil and filter as air and pollen filters were black.

I do know that long life coolant turns corrosive after 5 yrs so I think mine needs changing especially if it's mixed with others not good?

Comment

If in doubt, just flush the old out and put brand new in.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

There is some recent info here about Coolant etc
              http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hlight=coolant

Might have some handy tips!
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
              X