It's not me, it's the car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not me, it's the car.

Had a couple of things happen with the car doing it's own thing.

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled up for a few minutes on a quiet, quite narrow, housing estate road, my engine turned itself off as normal, anyway, when I was ready to set off, I noticed a horse and rider walking towards me, so I decided to wait until it went passed, but just as the horse got exactly level my engine decided to start itself, well the horse jumped onto the pavement and the girl struggled to control it.
    I'm sure she thought why on earth did I start the car at that moment.

Then today, it was raining slightly, and I was turning left at traffic lights, I noticed a van waiting in the middle for me, he was turning right from opposite me, so going my way, just before I got there he set off and waved thanks, I had to brake slightly and thought that was cheeky, then I noticed my auto lights had just come on, he must have thought I flashed him lol.

Both sound pretty explainable. I wouldn't worry about it.
    First, the stop start decided it needed to turn back on, I assume you had the radio/air-con etc. on while pulled up.
    Second, the lights decided to turn on, often is a bit dark when raining.

Comment

If the battery gets too low an ampage through you using things like aircon or radio the car saves itself and starts the engine to ensure the battery isn't drained. It's the same for any car with stop start and you can't stop it doing it.

Comment

Agreed with the explanations above, when I owned my DS3 I found the auto lights came on within a couple of sweeps of the auto wipers being activated due to rain - no matter whether it was light due to being the middle of the day.
        sigpic

Comment

My lights also come on once my auto wipers have done a few swipes, even if it's very bright outside.
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yeah I think it's a car setting Ben, it assumes that as it's raining you need to the lights on for safety/visibility.
            sigpic

Comment

Top tip, when waiting for a horse to dip the clutch to cancel the S&S.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Does that keep it on or off Biggie ? I can't test it on a DS3 anymore but on my new car if I dip the clutch once the stop/start has activated it restarts the engine....
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't got all this auto stuff on my vti 120 but I have had an occasional issue with the 'lane change' indicator function. If you accidentally nudge the indicator stalk, instead of a single flash of the indicators, making me look a bit of a t*t, I get the full "I am changing lanes" 3 flashes, making me look an abolute one.
                  Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    I haven't got all this auto stuff on my vti 120 but I have had an occasional issue with the 'lane change' indicator function. If you accidentally nudge the indicator stalk, instead of a single flash of the indicators, making me look a bit of a t*t, I get the full "I am changing lanes" 3 flashes, making me look an abolute one.
                    Yeah, I've done this a few times -___-
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	xfiles-iwanttobelieve-jpg-620x400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	361216 time to get these 2 involved lol only joking agrees with the above
                      e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                      Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        Does that keep it on or off Biggie ? I can't test it on a DS3 anymore but on my new car if I dip the clutch once the stop/start has activated it restarts the engine....
                        It should start the engine and leave it running as long as you raise the clutch straight away. Breaks the timing rule for the S&S.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ah that's ok that's what I recalled - I wasn't sure if you were stating that it keeps the engine off....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                            It should start the engine and leave it running as long as you raise the clutch straight away. Breaks the timing rule for the S&S.
                            On occasions when I want my engine on, while stationery, I know I could press the button, but on my current 2016 DS (Didn't do it on my previous 2) I turn the steering wheel slightly and the engine always starts.

Comment

Anything running differently between the two? Air Con on Auto now and not before/shorter distances before SS kicks in?
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X