Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a broken part (see pic) in the engine bay, who knows what it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a broken part (see pic) in the engine bay, who knows what it is?

Hey guys, i was filling up the detergent tank and I found this plastic part broken (it is located literally next to the left headlight).
    It looks like the inner top plastic support of the bumper but I'm not 100%.
    I don't have time to go to any workshop this week, so I'm seeking some confirmation for the time being.

A bit of context, the car was bought 3 months ago from a private seller who I just called and he informed me of a minor parking bump which
    required a new headlamp and some painting job in the bumper. The car was in mint condition and i didn't really notice anything wrong when i purchased it.

I guess I need to strip the front down as who knows the hidden damage that might be covered there.

here the picture
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3 damage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	368608

Thanks!

Do you have a bigger overal picture? Can't really locate the spot. Looks like a broken headlight mount. There are no mounts to the bumper in the engine bay.

Comment

Radiator support
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3 damage2.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	361218

the highlighted part is where the damage is

Comment

thank you for the suggestion yes, it looks the radiator bit.Click image for larger version

Name:	radiator support.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	361220

Comment

Originally posted by DeS3 View Post
            H

A bit of context, the car was bought 3 months ago from a private seller who I just called and he informed me of a minor parking bump which
            required a new headlamp and some painting job in the bumper. The car was in mint condition and i didn't really notice anything wrong when i purchased it.

I guess I need to strip the front down as who knows the hidden damage that might be covered there.
            Yeah, you can never tell what damage is hiding behind the panels. Especially as new bumpers can be replaced to repair any exterior damage. And even when not replaced. because it is plastic, it can pop in and out and make it look very minimal!
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The plastic undertray on mine is smashed to bits on the front right corner, and the wing is slightly dented inwards which you wouldn't notice unless you realised it had had a crash
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's the main front panel/radiator carrier.
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                X