Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty p*ssed off. Ordered 11/3/11, just told colour discontinued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty p*ssed off. Ordered 11/3/11, just told colour discontinued.

Ordered my DSport 110HDI on 11/3/11 and have just been told that my chosen body colour, mativoire beiege is discontinued.

Saleslady at Citroen was very apologetic and has been running around trying to find out why this should have happened at this late stage. She seems to think it may be due to supply problems from Japan.

Does Biggy or any other insider know anything about this? Saleslady says it should not impact my delivery as body shells are assembled (and painted) separately from cabin bits.

I now have to choose another colour combo.

Some advice from the guys on here would be useful. I am 64, the DS3 is my first new car. I wanted something distinctive but economical to take me into retirement. I don’t feel brave enough for all the p*ss-taking I would receive (mid-life crisis etc) if I went for the more youthful, sporty colours.

I was going for the beige with black roof because I felt it was muted without being boring, and would not take me to far into typical old fart car regime of grey Volvos or Skodas.

My second choice would have been thorium grey with the red roof, and possibly the red dash – I shall be sticking with black leather for seats and trim, also City signature.

Apart from being mightily pissed off at Citroen’s antics, I now fear the the clock will be restarted on my delivery.

DST

Hey There,

We Were Told About The Colour Being Discontinued On Here Quite Some Time Ago =/

Can't Believe They've Only Just Told You !

I'd Go With The Thorium Grey + Carmen Red Mate, Its Really Really Nice In The Flesh !

Comment

they stopped the color mativior in some countrys
      they are speaking about a new color but i dont know wen they gonna starting with the new color

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Hey There,

We Were Told About The Colour Being Discontinued On Here Quite Some Time Ago =/

Can't Believe They've Only Just Told You !

I'd Go With The Thorium Grey + Carmen Red Mate, Its Really Really Nice In The Flesh !
        I do remember seeing something about the colour being discontinued, but it was current when I ordered and I thought they ought to honour the order. I think they must have actually run out of the paint!

I probably will go for the thorium grey/red combo. Just need to get the approval of the females in my family, who would happily order a car with pedals as long it was the right colour!

Comment

i have a thorium grey but the roof is also thorium its a nice color
          my next one gonna be a belle ile blue with a black roof

Comment

I'm agree with zack : i think the best choice for you is to ask the thorium body and carmen roof.
            From my option i would choose the black lacquer dashboard. It's look more integer than carbon dash.

Comment

Mativoir beige is still in the configurator ffs. Citroen really need to get their act together before they piss off anyone else and remove discontinued colours.

Comment

I hope your gonna ask for some freebies or money off as well.......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matadonna View Post
                  I hope your gonna ask for some freebies or money off as well.......
                  What's the chances? I suppose asking would not do any harm. It would have to be money off as I ordered pretty much all the toys except for the Myway which I didn't want.

Comment

ask the dealer if they can check by other dealers for a mativior with the same options

Comment

Thats odd, checking the latest supply model table and it does show that the colour is available but the order system does indeed have it removed.

Could anybody point towards to the thread about the colour as I can't find anything about through Citroen Bulletin board.

Cherry Red was stopped for a short while but is now back on again.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

talking about things discontinuing my dealer told me last week thyve stopped making the ds3 white edition and lve got one of the last ones is this true????

Comment

Yes the Black & White's are all done.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

haha i bought mine a month ago and told me there was only 7 left.... such lies xD
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Déesse trois View Post
                              I wanted something distinctive but economical to take me into retirement. I don’t feel brave enough for all the p*ss-taking I would receive (mid-life crisis etc) if I went for the more youthful, sporty colours.
                              But half the fun is confounding expectation and sticking two fingers up at convention!

I enjoy seeing the surprise on people's faces when my yellow & black DSport zooms to a halt and a grey-haired old geezer emerges from it.

I've had a few mid-life crisis comments (although not as many as when I bought my Barchetta) and usually its down to envy from those of a similar age who would secretly love to recapture some of that youthful don't-give-a-damn-what-you-think feeling.

(Having said that, Thorium with Carmen roof is a great combo, and the DS3 is funky enough to make a young-at-heart statement even in the more sober colours)

Comment

Working...
                              X