No announcement yet.

Motability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't even have to use it for a car , if you want you can keep the money if you don't drive or have anyone in family who can do driving for you , but to my mind it should be used for mobility needs IE a car or bus \train passes etc etc
    people do abuse scheme , I personally know of someone whe had a car on motability and who's son drove it , ok fair enough , but he used it for work and everyday use while she goy bus to asda and into town for shopping , to me not right att all

Comment

We got told a story when at Motability training of a very old gentleman with a young lady going into Toyota. The pair went straight up the new Celica which caught the Motability guys eye. He asked the old man if he was sure that this was the right car to which he replied "I won't be driving it, my granddaughter will be using the car". The Motability guy pointed out that the car is designed to be used for the benefit of the disabled customer, "But I will" the old man responded "I will get benefit knowing my granddaughter is driving around in a nice car of her choosing".
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
        I know it ruins the lines of the car and the handling but have you considered the roof box option. Girl at work has one - presses a button and the roof box opens, extracts the wheelchair and lowers the chair down for her. Guess one benefit is that it keeps the car clear.

Jimbob (the original one )
        yes i had thought about it in fact im still thinking about it.
        http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...8andporche.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          We got told a story when at Motability training of a very old gentleman with a young lady going into Toyota. The pair went straight up the new Celica which caught the Motability guys eye. He asked the old man if he was sure that this was the right car to which he replied "I won't be driving it, my granddaughter will be using the car". The Motability guy pointed out that the car is designed to be used for the benefit of the disabled customer, "But I will" the old man responded "I will get benefit knowing my granddaughter is driving around in a nice car of her choosing".
          thats so wrong. my wife drives my car but only for picking up perscriptions and shes only allowed to drive it if its for my purpose.
          http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...8andporche.gif

Comment

The thing is that is doesn't break the rules, MFL clearly state that the car is for the benefit of the applicant.

It just bends the morality of the rules a bit!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

In any program there is going to be a group that tries to take advantage. Just have to make sure the good the the program does outweighs the abusers misdeeds.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
              X