Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Turbo care

Doesn't say anything in the user guide, well, if it does I haven't seen it

When getting ready to turn the engine off, is it necessary, as with a lot of other turbo cars to leave it running at idle for a few minutes to let the oil circulate the turbo, cool slightly etc?

I guess, even if it isn't necessary on a modern turbo engine, it won't do any harm by letting it do this?
    I generally tend to either drive the last few miles off boost or leave it to sit a while.

Anyone know the "official" line?

Damn did i not get a BOOST BUTTON ??.

Comment

On a slightly similar line, I've been told that to get the best out of the A/C you should run it at least once a month (even in winter) and switch the A/C off a few minutes before parking the car up.
      Again don't know if this is the "official" line but it seems to stop issues with the unit

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
        On a slightly similar line, I've been told that to get the best out of the A/C you should run it at least once a month (even in winter) and switch the A/C off a few minutes before parking the car up.
        Again don't know if this is the "official" line but it seems to stop issues with the unit
        I think it says 5-10 minutes once or twice a month to keep it tip top

Comment

Originally posted by dave_beast View Post
          Stops the seals drying out, which apparently can happen if you don't run it regularly,

Comment

Originally posted by dave_beast View Post
            Stops the seals drying out, which apparently can happen if you don't run it regularly,

Comment

I think generally nowadays you only need to let the engine idle if you've literally stopped from a high speed run, sort of a motorway constant blast and then stopping at the services type of thing.

When I leave the motorway either on the way to work or the way home I have a short stretch of A road that is sufficient to let it cool slightly.

I normally get in the habit of engine start first, then seat belts etc on startup and engine off last when parking up.

Stef
              2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                I normally get in the habit of engine start first, then seat belts etc on startup and engine off last when parking up.
                Similar To Me Stef,

Starting: Open Car, Turn Ignition On ( Warm Up The Diesel heaters ) Seatbelt And Whatever Then Turn Engine On, Then Plug In Phone And Pick The Playlist / Songs And Then Off I Go...

Stopping: Handbrake, Seatbelt Off, Grab All My Things And Then Turn Off As I'm Getting Out Of Car...

Yes Ok Its Weird I Know But You Should All Know Me By Now =P

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Similar To Me Stef,

Starting: Open Car, Turn Ignition On ( Warm Up The Diesel heaters ) Seatbelt And Whatever Then Turn Engine On, Then Plug In Phone And Pick The Playlist / Songs And Then Off I Go...

Stopping: Handbrake, Seatbelt Off, Grab All My Things And Then Turn Off As I'm Getting Out Of Car...

Perfectly sensible mate, always good to let a car engine idle for a few seconds before and after, especially turbos.

Stef
                  2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                    Similar To Me Stef,

More or less what i do....so you aint wierd lol

Comment

I've had a few powerful turbo cars in the past and have never bothered leaving them to idle. Unless you are thrashing it on a track and come immediately off it of course. In "normal" driving by the time you've got to your house (if you've been giving it some on the m-way) the turbo will have expelled all the extra pressure and you'll be fine.

Comment

Same as Zack, get everything ready to clamber out before switching off the engine.

The only time I'll let it run longer is if I can hear the fans whirring.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I also let my car warm up n cool down all the time, I usually let the passenger airbag light go off before I set off. And wen I park I sort everything the wait about a minute be for I switch off

Comment

Best thing to do is always yet your car idle down before you switch off the engine, especially so when you have the HDi version.

What Zack does is good advice to follow.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                              What Zack does is good advice to follow.
                              That Goes With All Things

Comment

Working...
                              X