doors leaking ! :C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doors leaking ! :C

so weve had a lot of rain the last couple of days, i get in the car this morning and im getting water drip on my arm as im driving, its all along the top seal and when i open the door its all forming on the metalwork. same for the passenger door as well which hasnt been opened the whole time its been raining. taking it back to dealers to get it checked out! anyone had this?

Yeah Someone Has - They Took It To The Dealer And Got It Fixed...

I'll Find The Thread Now...

Comment

Was this the one Zack?
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        Possibly...

Comment

i dried it this morning so we'l see if its wet again tonight or if it was because the door was open for too long in the rain. considering the passenger side was wet too i highly doubt it was that. got it booked in at the dealers anyhow. Gotta find a time to stick my club sticker on the car so they know not to mess with me lol! im sure they wont. My peugeot 107 had a leak in the boot, was renowned for leaking that car but only noticed it when i was deep cleaning it when i put it for sale. didnt expect to have any problems with it this early, but if its gonna happen itl happen now.

Comment

So after some testing with a hose I've concluded that it's probably a build up of water from having the door open in the rain. Something I've not experienced in my other cars but with the shape of the doors it's no wonder water will sit on the ledge an seap in over time. Bit dumb to jump to such conclusions!

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
              it's probably a build up of water from having the door open in the rain.
              Why Would You Leave Your Door Open In The Rain Ben ? :L

Comment

Haha your so right zack, i was showing off the car to a work mate who hadn't seen it yet, showing off the interior in the pissing rain was a mistake I guess..

Comment

Any chance of you posting a picture of where the water stuck?
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

seem to get a lot of drops of water sitting on the bottom and side inside metal work, the bit under the door, guessing this is normal though. my complaint was when water dripped on me when i was driving, it was mostly on the top of the door on the inside metal work and was running along there and the rubber seal. it was raining so hard when i had the door open for a good minute, probably enough water to sit on that top ridge and drip on me the next day. dried it all off and i havent noticed any since, tested it when washing. didnt get a photo was in a hurry for work that morning, have pics of the water on the bottom of the door but again it could be a normal thing, my dad noticed it on his new VW.

Comment

Working...
                    X