Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here actually bought a DSign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here actually bought a DSign?

For the life of me I wouldn't understand why anyone would buy the base model without all the nice bits such as DRLs and aircon.

As far as I'm aware no-one in this forum has a poverty model. Why would Citroen even think that anyone would buy a £12k car without aircon, ffs.

They do exist, though. There were a couple of 60 plate pre-regs for sale at my dealers (maybe they can't get rid of them). The DS3s looked very sad with black plastic in place of those lovely sparkly LEDs.

If you want a cheap runaround you would probably buy a C1 with a few extras, rather than a snazzy car like the DS3 built down to the lowest standard.

I can only imagine that the poverty models are hanging around the showroom waiting for a minicab outfit or hire car company to snap them up, or maybe they'll keep a couple as courtesy cars.

2 people

http://ds3club.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=6

Comment

But what if you want one but that is all you can afford?

AdJones has the 1.4, but was an ex demo so came with Extra Kit

This is my first car with aircon, and wouldn't base my buying desicion on that and DRL's.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

This one too.

Comment

Don't See The Point Of This Thread ?... And I Don't See Why You Need To Start Slagging People Off On Here For No Reason ?...

If Someone Bought A DSign Then It Was Their Choice And It's Totally Up To Them Don't You Agree ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Don't See The Point Of This Thread ?... And I Don't See Why You Need To Start Slagging People Off On Here For No Reason ?...

If Someone Bought A DSign Then It Was Their Choice And It's Totally Up To Them Don't You Agree ?
            Wot he said.

Jimbob

Comment

To be honest I would buy one for my wife as shes more intrested in the shape of the car rather than engine size as for a/con she has a car with a/con but doesnt use it. I think people have different wants and needs. Each to there own. I dont ask people whats the spec of there car.

Comment

At the end of a day a DS3 is a DS3.

Edit:

also, air con. Due to the prices of petrol at the minute the air con on our car at the minute barely gets used

I think people just choose the car based on what they want and can afford.

If they like the look of the car but don't need any bits n pieces then I'm sure the DSign is a good one to go with.
                Last edited by x6411; 08-06-2011, 12:38.

Comment

The DRLs are the image for the DS3

Tbh I dont get why citroen don't just fit them to every model... Can't be to expensive.
                  sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                  Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

All true, I made a bit of a sweeping generalisation and I never thought that it might offend people. The reason I started the thread was because I have always had models where there is all this wonderful stuff in the manual about all these extra buttons and features, and I have never had them. I'm just chuffed that I am able to afford them, finally. I apologise to anyone who I have offended. Of course a DS3 is a DS3 whatever its spec.

One thing I don't like though, and that is the tendency to insert black plastic where there is missing bits. I'm thinking about the DRLs and in particular, the evil black holes in my daughters Mk2 Ford KA where superior models have foglights.

Comment

Urrm hii there, I've got a Dsign with DRLs and air con and the hifi system, bit harsh to make a comment like that :/ and no room to make one if you haven't got a DS3.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We came,
                      We saw,
                      We stood around,
                      We went home. :cool:

#19:10 Arlow> You do know you can use your laptop whilst its plugged in

Comment

The good thing about this club is that it hasn't managed to be elitest like some other car clubs I have been in. I was in the LR Freelander club and they wouldn't even mention my 1.8 petrol version as it was somehow inferior in their eyes. So it's good to see people stand up for ALL models of the DS3!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdJones91 View Post
                          Urrm hii there, I've got a Dsign with DRLs and air con and the hifi system, bit harsh to make a comment like that :/ and no room to make one if you haven't got a DS3.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Opened mouth before engaging brain. Your car sounds great. Maybe I'm just pissed off about my 16 week wait. Not fair to disrespect other people's choices, though. Soz.

Comment

No Worries, 16 weeks ouch

We came,
                            We saw,
                            We stood around,

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                              But what if you want one but that is all you can afford?

AdJones has the 1.4, but was an ex demo so came with Extra Kit

This is my first car with aircon, and wouldn't base my buying desicion on that and DRL's.
                              I loves extra kit xD, plus 8 months tax

We came,
                              We saw,
                              We stood around,

Comment

Working...
                              X