Remote Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Batteries

I've had the car for less than 2 weeks, but already it appears as though the battery in the remote may have gone! I can't believe that it would deplete so quickly (although saying that I do fidget with it sometimes in my pocket and when I'm walking upto it often hold the lock key to get the hazards flashing for fun) but I can't imagine it'd have run out by now? Could it be the case that when I've sat on it (and pressed it by mistake) the remote has just turned itself off or something? Would I have a right to ask for a new one for free if I needed it? Just seems a bit strange!

I'd Go Back To Your Delaer,

A Few Guys On Here Have Had Their Cars For Over A Year Ang Your The 1st I've Heard With This Problem !

Or You Could Try Changing The Battery... Bigfeet Posted A Guide On Here... Somewhere... lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan77 View Post
      although saying that I do fidget with it sometimes in my pocket !
      Sorry just had to quote it, lol

Comment

lol I Missed That Mart !

Comment

Here is my video on the easiest way to remove the coloured fob.

Next take a five pence and twist the case open using the slot that you can see, be careful here as the microchip part can fall out.

Now swap the battery over.

Clip back the key together and slide on the coloured fob firmly.

Go out to the car and stick the key into the ignition and turn until the dash lights up (not starting).

Now press the lock button down and count to ten.

Switch ignition off and check lock control with key.

Done.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X